[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: stephena.jpg (30 KB, 464x462)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
I rent an apartment with my slightly younger brother, who seems to hate me, despite me having done nothing but try to help him his whole life. He's always assumed I was the favorite, somehow him managing his money improperly is my fault, all of his issues in life are my and my mother's fault. Hes always had Anger issues, Bipolar and Hormonal issues as well. Permanent Aggro.

He was arguing and insulting my mother yesterday when I stepped in and defended her. He is now sending threatening texts, saying he's going to attack me/knock me the fuck out, etc. The problem is he is a sore loser and has never beaten me in a fight. When I win, the fighting will never end. But if I throw the match he'll be satisfied and it will make him feel good about himself. The issue of course is, if he thinks he won, he'll try to hold that over my head forever. Should I let him "win" so that I can live in my apartment in peace?

Obviously I'm looking for a new place so that I can remove him from my life, but at this point in time, that isn't possible. Thoughts?
>>
>>31535295
That's fucking nuts, dude. How about you have him put in the slammer for a couple weeks? He sounds like an immature retard that's gonna get himself shot.
>>
>>31535295
change the locks
>>
>>31535319
He will then continue to play me for his ills. Losing his job, getting locked up. There is nothing I can think of that would calm him down. Made worse by his girlfriend being constantly present in tbe apartment. He feels the need to prove something.
>>31535338
I cant unfortunately, we're renting a house that was converted into apartments with a private landlord.
>>
>>31535369
You're just an excuse-maker. You made your bed, now you get to sleep in it.
>>
>>31535369
You need to be more strict with your brother who as you said is a sore loser. He's lost some at life and blames everything except himself because he can't cope with having lost. Either he learns to deal with losing some in the game of life or he will always be unhappy.
>>
>>31535699
Not an excuse maker. Im just asking if I should genuinely fight him or let him win. I just know how he is. Why would you try to gaslight me?
>>
>>31535729
Good point. But I have a hard time getting through to him without him flipping his shit and leaving the room. Would therapy possibly work?
>>
>>31535743
>Would therapy possibly work?
Honestly therapy generally does not work for men because they need actions over talking. Your brother needs to 'man up' and value actions over talking. But since he already sounds like an entitled bpd woman, it might give him a free complaint box to talk to. Which could be good, or could push him further into self pity. It's a risk but might have a good reward if it's a good psych.
I know some people like that. Honestly my advice is to back off. Let them fail and blame all others and if he complains at you, tell him that things are his own fault, to look at himself, and to choose improvement and positivity over resentment and negativity. It's literally all in his own head and he's unwilling to step out of it. I bet your dad was not very involved.
>>
>>31535795
Two different fathers and his was very abusive. He takes after his. But he should know better which is the sad part. You're right I think he just needs an outlet to vent to.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.