[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1666843940843.jpg (115 KB, 639x555)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
When I was 16 I made a fictional version of myself to represent myself online, mainly as a form of autistic self-expression because I've never had more than 50 followers on anything. At 20 years old now, I have become attached and still view myself as this persona I created. I've found myself wanting to grow up and grow into someone different, but I can't let go.

I've always been very individualistic and have never had many friends, nor do I have any now. I spend my time outside of work alone and socially isolated, playing vidya and creating stuff and generally am a bit of a loser - I've never even drank or been to a party; even at 16, I knew this and embraced who I was despite my shortcomings, so the way I portrayed myself was as a scruffy, rowdy and laidback loser, but innocent from my lack of social ties and a stubborn lack of a desire to fit in. As much as I'd like to 'grow up' and change into the person I want to be and someone who actually takes themselves seriously, I look at that retarded little character I made at 16 and see both past and current me reflected in it: that is me, and I don't think I can change on such a fundamental level. I know how mental I sound, but what do I do?
>>
>>31535467
I literally do not understand any of what you typed. Touch grass
>>
>>31535467
get off the internet

https://www.bitchute.com/video/mdV9i2yAZ40n
>>
>>31535489
>Touch grass
I’m not a complete shut-in, I think I’m fine. My job is good and I go for walks in my free time.
>>31535549
And do what?
>>
>>31535467
Realised I was a little vague in the OP so a TLDR: I made a little cartoon version of myself to use an avatar online and projected my loser personality onto it, like a fictional character. I want to change myself but I’ve become some attached and still see my whole being in that fictional version that there’s no way I can change. What should I do?
>>
>>31535702
Obviously change, why be a loser
>>
>>31535759
I went into more depth in the OP but I doubt I can change on such a base level. I’m very socially isolated, don’t get on well with most others and am relatively innocent due to never really growing up through my teen years. The persona I made reflects that and I embrace these traits because it’s who I am, yet I also know that deep down, as attached as I am to the person I am now, I still want to change.

Apologies if I’m not making sense, it’s late for me.
>>
>>31535809
Grow beyond your comfort zone. Some furry persona you made won't get you through life anon. You can be a winner not a loser
>>
>>31535467
>>
>>31535467
I recommend distancing yourself from the baudrillardian hell that is teh interwebz
>>
>>31535851
>Grow beyond your comfort zone?
How?
>Some furry persona you made won't get you through life anon. You can be a winner not a loser
True, but at the same time I think that being a loser is exactly in line with who I am as a person and has become a core part of my identity over the years.
I'm not a furry.

>>31537523
I don't use social media much if at all anymore, I mostly browse here to discuss my interests. I don't have any friends online or off so it's not like there's anyone on the net to influence me.
>>
bump
>>
>>31535467
Nothing wrong with that, just use it to better yourself and not purely to engage in degenerate furry RPing.
>>
>>31539118
>just use it to better yourself
How? Not trying to be difficult but I'm not sure I understand where to go from here.
>degenerate furry RPing.
I swear I'm not a furry... my sona is just me but anime...
>>
bump

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.