[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000002068.png (348 KB, 640x812)
348 KB
348 KB PNG
I went out with a few coworkers a couple days ago and this other girl I work with that I talked to a few months ago came and then after she left she immediately texted me and we had a conversation, the conversation ended and over the next couple days I was texting her and she wasn't really giving much but she said shes just boring and apologized so that's the reason I kept going with it. Over the next couple days it was kind of the same thing so I just sent her a message saying it doesn't seem like she wants to talk to me, but we're cool and I'll see her at work sometime. she didnt respond which I didn't expect anyways so it was no big deal. how do I get over it? rejection has never been easy for me
>>
>>31535551
>so I just sent her a message saying it doesn't seem like she wants to talk to me, but we're cool and I'll see her at work sometime

what kind of response were you looking for here exactly? women hate when men try to monopolize their time, btw.
>>
>>31535551
She texted you for a reason.
You ruined it by trying to have a conversation via text like a little kid.
Girls don't want to text full conversations in 2024. She wanted you to say
>Hey it was nice seeing you. We should get together again sometime soon
and arranged a date.
>>
>>31535577
I wasn't really expecting a response I just cut my losses and decided to end it in a respectful way. The vibe of the conversations were very dry so I just felt she wasn't into it and it was a dead end

>>31535651
I don't think that's the case, she's the type that's always texting and I've asked for dates before and she kept coming up with excuses. it wasn't a ton of texting it wasn't all day it was just off like 2 hours at the end of each day for like 3 or 4 days and it was clear by how little she was replying with she did not want me to text her
>>
>>31535734
>I've asked for dates before and she kept coming up with excuses.
then you should have stopped texting her and moved on. Don't waste your time talking to woman after they turned down a date
>>
>>31535802
this was when I originally talked to her a few months ago, I was assuming it'd changed since then. I was gonna ask her on a date yesterday and I was gonna ease into it so I just asked "what are you doing?" and she just answered and didn't ask the question back and it was gonna be an ease where she asks what I'm doing and I say "not much. gonna go for a walk. You wanna join?" and if she said no then reschedule and then it'll be in her head that I'm interested in that
>>
File: IMG_1374.jpg (43 KB, 726x540)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
There's so much more to life than finding someone who will want you, or being sad over someone who doesn't. There's a lot of wonderful time to be spent discovering yourself without hoping someone will fall in love with you along the way, and it doesn't need to be painful or empty. You need to fill yourself up with love. Not anyone else. Become a whole being on your own. Go on adventures, fall asleep in the woods with friends, wander around the city at night, sit in a coffee shop on your own, write on bathroom stalls, leave notes in library books, dress up for yourself, give to others, smile a lot. Do all things with love, but don't romanticize life like you can't survive without it. Live for yourself and be happy on your own. It isn't any less beautiful, I promise.
>>
File: aEOBpNL.png (1.49 MB, 1520x1080)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
>>31537247
I love that vision, but I am ageing (nearly 31) with limited social connections. My school friends are married and becoming parents. My uni friends are nerds who just want to sit in their homes and play computer games. My family were horrible to me and so I do not speak to them.
So weekends are fairly quiet and I have nothing to look forward to when booking time off work.
I wish I could accept it, but I cannot. I need intimacy, and someone who will support me in life, whom I'd give my time to her in return.
>>
>>31537247
I have been doing that for 4 years. I like being single and I don't need anyone but after 4 years I'm kinda ready to take that next step. I'm not dying to be with anyone but It would be nice
>>
>>31535551
rejections are such fun opportunities to find out what happens if you treat a woman who rejected you warmly and act like you're totally cool with it. but you sound too whiny to execute that
>>
>>31535551
You rejected her though

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.