[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

It's been about 2 weeks since I started taking prozac 10mg. I'm hypersexual and I naturally have a high libido. My sex drive hasn't changed after starting antidepressants but the experience is HORRIBLE. I can't orgasm and when I do, it feels like nothing and my entire body is a wreck. I'm still horny as fuck though but each time i try to masterbate I feel like throwing up and I can't orgasm without feeling like shit. I'm horribly depressed so I need the meds to function but if the trade off is my sex life then I'm thinking if I'd rather be suicidal and dead by 5 years than to go through this...any advice on this situation?

Disclaimer: There's no way I can ask my doctor because my parents accompany me and I'm from a conservative family I'd be dead lol. Please help
>>
>>31535608
just ask for another SSRI, there are so many. make up some other side effect
>>
>>31535656
Ok I'll just make up some random bs from the side effects list that actually didn't occur to me Thankyou
>>
>>31535608
get the fuck off of SSRIs as quickly as possible and never take them again. the side effect you're experiencing is often permanent. read any forum tagged written by real people tagged with "PSSD" and see how miserable they are. it's all a part of the Jewish plan to sterilise the white race. the best things for depression are exercise and sunlight. I recommend you commit yourself to them whilst allowing yourself to (temporarily) use some weed to get through the earlier stages of recovery where it's the most difficult to enjoy life and find motivation. If it's so bad that these aren't enough maybe consider taking a different type of antidepressant that isn't associated with this side effect. Just never take an SSRI. If you ignore this warning and the aforementioned worst case scenario happens, then it'll haunt you forever that you could have saved yourself and chose not to.
>>
Two weeks is a fast turnaround time for that symptom. I'd ask for a different drug like Wellbutrin, which is not an SSRI and slightly enhances libido as well. You can try other SSRI but they're likely to have that side effect if Prozac did it.
>>
>>31535608
Crazy thing you can do

Have your parents leave the room so you can talk about your private medical issues.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.