[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_9202.jpg (181 KB, 736x920)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
Recently I’ve had some sort of a breakthrough. I guess. Although I’m sure it sounds like neurotic nonsense to anyone else. I’ve been a routine-oriented person until a few months ago. Mind you, I’ve done countless routines since I was around 8 years old before the whole “self care” era. Fully voluntary and a realistic to-do list in crayon on crappy, vivid stationary. Now I see this impulse as a coping mechanism. It gave me a form of control when everything around me was crumbling down. However, I’m not sure how to think about time anymore or what a “day” even means. I’m not sure if I am articulating it well enough, but I need... Advice or even a vague sense of other perspectives about time and time passing as well as just what it means to be a person without a routine. Millions of people exist without a routine. Is this what impedes them or is it something else? Am I going down the wrong path? Is there a way to exist happily without a detailed structure of the day?
>>
There also a sense of obligation to be permanently productive and perfect. Even when I complete everything on my to-do list (which was rare), I felt drained. I did not feel satisfied. I felt a Kafka-esque type of mechanical.
>>
Perhaps just do what you want to do at each and every moment. When you start to feel like you are going in the right direction or the wrong direction, notice it and decide to keep going. You may find you want to go back to having a routine again, or not. Just my thoughts
>>
>>31535723
Yeah, you are probably right. Maybe it is that simple. I should be aware of what I am doing but also not be too obsessed with it. I’m sort of afraid of falling into a hedonism trap. If that makes any sense.
>>
>>31535672
One's body is built around a diurnal cycle (picrel).
>>
>>31535672

It's not so complex, really. Determine what your personal priorities are and what list of things you plan to get done by the end of the day to increase that progress bar. There is no ideal routine since no two individuals have the same life goals or the same will. Many individuals incorporate morning walks, water fasting and meditation to be "catalysts" and natural energizers to their routine. A good routine balance is a routine that leaves you accomplished and satisfied at the end of the day, and includes "emergency aid kits" in case of disruptions or low-energy periods.

What skills do you plan to obtain? What degrees do you want to pursue? What certificates do you want to obtain? What content do you want to delve into? Create yourself a little curriculum and organize it across the day/week. This curriculum, in my opinion, should include a balance of: 1. A first aid kit in case a day doesn't go as planned 2. Academic interests 3. Personal interests 4. Extracurriculars. You develop your routine from there. An if you're going to be moping around on 4Chan anyways, I'd recommend journaling your thoughts an allowing your mind to decompress and create

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.