[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2127.jpg (500 KB, 1024x1405)
500 KB
500 KB JPG
my job is in an environment where i am forced to be in close quarters with other scientists.

after some reflection i have come to terms with the fact that i am the problem, and i am simply too fucking annoying for anyone to tolerate without wanting to murder me or themselves. working from home isn’t an option and honestly i feel terrible that my coworkers hav to put up with me being so fucking annoying.

i have the type of turbo manic autism where i never shut the fuck up/always ruining shit/random outbursts constantly. i cannot shut the fuck up.

do i just not have the personality to work in academia?

what do i do? music for this feel? should i kill myself?
>>
What’s your job
>>
>>31536092
research chemist
>>
>>31536029
Are you Tourettist?
>>
>>31536029
Ain't there meds for that?
>>
>>31536222
no

>>31536236
don’t even know where to start brosephine
>>
>>31536116
your job sounds cool anon

try setting small goals for yourself to watch how you act and try to be more socially approachable. try to gauge your coworkers’ moods as you try to be nicer and less annoying. you can do it. autism is hard to live with but you can do it
>>
>>31536283
Ok ill try this, thanks. I’ve been trying tp be cognizant of myself and observing my actions and behavior and it’s supremely cringe which is why i wanna stop. i guess self awareness is the first part and actually shutting the fuck ip is the second step

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.