[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000039729.gif (282 KB, 288x260)
282 KB
282 KB GIF
I've had this issue as long as I can remember. I'm bad at replying. But it goes so beyond that.

I'll see a message and be like "oh ill reply to this later". Then weeks go by. Months. I've had potential friendships end before they can begin by not replying to casual conversation..

My process is that my brain knows I have to craft up a charming interesting reply, and be able to keep going with it until the person knows me well enough that I don't have to mask myself. And something in me just can't muster the effort. Even though I long for connection. I lament how friendless I am but make very little and often no attempt to forge any. adhd adjacent I'm guessing. But I want to break this cycle.

Ig I'm afraid I'll come off a way I don't want to come off to someone, so I just. Don't bother? Idk man
>>
I am the exact same way, but I've never gone to a therapist and gotten a diagnosis or anything, so I'm not sure what it is. But I'm following this because I'm curious. And best advice I can give is just try to reply even when you don't feel like it. I rarely do it, because well, I don't feel like it, but the friendships that I do have are probably still around because I forced myself to reply when I didn't feel like it.
>>
>>31536181
don't beat yourself up. I've let conversations dissolve like this for no good reason too. If you're not in the habit of initiating conversations (something I'm guilty of), the loose threads like this that you don't end up responding to feel more important than they end up being. Maybe try looking for reasons to say things spontaneously when you start feeling this way?
>>
>>31536181
>my brain knows I have to craft up a charming interesting reply,
That's false, disregard that idea.
>And something in me just can't muster the effort
No shit.
>But I want to break this cycle.
Create more replies, each of which is less interesting.
> I'm afraid I'll come off a way I don't want to come off to someone
Cease being afraid of that. Be cool with making bad impressions.
>>
>>31536181
>boohoo im a friendless loser and can't make friends
>everytime i try to make friends i put in no effort and let every connection fizzle because i cant be bothered to say hi or respond to someone i want to be friends with
i swear to god you sound like some dumb bitch i know. begging everyone to be her friend, constantly adding people so she "doesn't end up alone" but then treats everyone like shit because she doesn't care enough to maintain those relationships. my suggestion to you, a real, genuine suggestion... find ONE (1) PERSON you like and be their friend. if you can maintain 1 friendship, you can maintain multiple. also don't string people along you fucking tard. if shit ain't working out, delete them.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.