[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ehhhh.jpg (92 KB, 741x568)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
Don't sugar coat it boys, am i doing better or worse than one year ago?
The good from the past year:
-Completely quit drinking, this was after doing 5-10 drinks a night every single night for the 6 years prior. Ultrasound and metabolic panel say i'm A-ok, my very conservative doctor said my liver is like somebody who never drank.
-Completely quit playing league, this went hand in hand with drinkin
-Lost weight from 270 to 240
-walking about 20,000 steps a day
-living way cheaper, make all of my food at home and don't eat any garbage. this is to save money but actually feels better too
-Going to meetups again about once a week, just a hiking group. It actually goes very well. People do really like me when they meet me which feels good, i'm just bad at committing to stuff.

The bad from the past year:
-Completely fucked myself financially. In the process of quitting alcohol i gave up a very well paying manager wfh job that paid 120k. I just got apathetic of it and fucked it up... A year ago I had 20k in savings, I am now 20k in debt and only earning about 3k a month. I do have some big potential to make more though but it's iffy and hard to feel good about.
-spend probably 4 hours a night on this site doing nothing. I don't know why but it satisfies something in me even though i know its bad for me.
-as a result of the above my general worldview is kind of bad and i'm really fed up with everything politically and in the news and all that crap.
-0 actual relationship progress

It's so many variables moving in different directions it's hard to tell if i should be proud of the past year or ashamed of it. I feel really good about not drinking cause that was a big problem, but it seems to have come at a cost of what matters. Idk, don't go easy let me have it.
>>
>>31536479
>now 20k in debt
you are doing much worse

hope this helps
>>
>>31536479
>Completely quit drinking, this was after doing 5-10 drinks a night every single night for the 6 years
Huge. I would happily go into 20k of debt for this, you can pay off debt.
>>
If your debt is growing you need to prioritize that. If that means seeking better employment, minimizing your spending, or a combination of both. That's P1 right now.

Good job on the self improvement over the past year. There is no one single measure, you are doing better in some aspects of your life (physical and mental health, social) and worse in a few others (financial, employment)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.