[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Batrobe.png (2.02 MB, 1009x1345)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB PNG
Sister and I are close. We watch a lot of shows and play a lot of games together even as we're approaching our 30's. She had a baby a few years ago and asked me if I would ever stop hanging out with her because of the kid, I said no. However, as she got older it had gotten harder to have our normal hangouts, I would always compromise but it's getting too hard. The kid has autism and screams and cries over certain noises/songs, he has the biggest reaction over anime. I've tried compromising further by having us wear headphones but she doesn't seem to like the idea. She'd rather just skip or mute everything that triggers a reaction, but that ruins it for me. He's very cute when he's not freaking out, and I know it's not his fault, but it really feels like he's stopping us from hanging out. There are other issues I have with our recent hangouts as well but this is the biggest as well as the final straw. I could try to enjoy our games and shows by myself, but I feel like I'd be breaking a promise, my sister has depression and other issues so I know it would upset her, but I'm at a loss as to what to do.
>>
>>31536501
Damn that's fucking rough
I'd want to kill myself
>>
>>31536501
There are multiple solutions to this and your sister is refusing them - she's the weakest link here, not her son.
>>
>>31536501
I think if you turn down the volume the kid will be fine... autists mostly dont like loud noises

watch stuff with subtitles and put the volume at a minimum level, so that you hear it just a little
>>
>>31536533
We've tried this, he still freaks out. It's like after the noise triggers him he becomes fixated on it, and if he hears it again it's full meltdown and we have to stop until he calms down.
>>
I think for your sister's mental health, she needs to get him a certified babysitter so she can enjoy her hobbies with you without having to worry about him.
It's not offensive to notice that your sister's deteriorating mental health is due to having a special needs child that is dehumanizing her. Maybe even go over and offer to babysit the lil shit so she can go out and make friends or shop alone for once.
At some point she needs to start figuring out what his future is going to look like for him. And maybe he needs to be evaluated to go in a home to get adequate care as an adult. And there is nothing wrong with that either. That is how it is.
>>
>>31536501
Kek was the son vaxxed?
>>
>>31536501
you're never going to get other people to raise kids how you want. narcissistic to think you'd have any influence. if you honestly can't stand it, you have to sever from these people's lives.
>>
This is why eugenics are important.
>>
>>31536982
This
>>
>>31536501
Child has debilitating medical condition
Sister has burden of coping with this.
And you complain because you can't watch your cartoons.
>>
>>31537781
Very good following the story, anon. Do you want a candy or a sticker?
>>
Your sister is a dumbass for keeping this mess. She could've easily aborted it and saved two lives from suffering.
>>
Well my sisters a massive slut who's cheated on her boyfriend with at least 2 guys I know of.
I believe she's had at least 1 abortion.

>>31536982
Correct.
I'm glad my sister doesn't have a kid, she's a horrible person the majority of the time and would make a terrible mother more likely than not.

Good argument for more adoption too. My parents were pretty shit at being parents and medicore as people towards others.
Sounds harsh but it would have been better if I'd been adopted by people that actually gave a shit about having a kid and they should have probably aborted or given up my sister if outcomes are anything to go by.

"oh we can't abort anything"
Well congratulations retards between me and OP we have 1 autistic kid and a crack head woman making peoples lives miserable.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.