[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fuckeverything.jpg (6 KB, 275x183)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
My gf broke up with me a month ago and i started seeing this new girl. I like her, but she's just not like my ex. What do i do?

>inb4 break up
no, i don't want to be alone
>>
Stop having autism
>>
File: annehathaway.jpg (19 KB, 699x439)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>31536522
my ex was my type, she was fancy, wore elegant clothes, she was inteligent and witty, she has this Anne Hathaway vibe that would drive me crazy. For me she was like Anne Hathaway.

This new girl i'm seeing is a latina girl, she's pretty and likes me a lot, but she's just not my type, she's not particularly inteligent and doesn't have the same vibe as my ex. I like her and all, but idk.

i feel bad just typing this, maybe with time i'll get over my ex.
>>
>>31536522
>Can get a new GF a month after losing the old one
Look at fucking Chad over here
Either that or you're still in "easy mode" i.e. going to school
>>
>>31536838
i'm not in school anymore. In fact i got no pussy in school, i was the weirdo that would sit in the back, wear hoodies and baggy clothes and watch anime. I only started caring about my appearance after i got into uni.

i'm in my 2nd year of uni. I met my ex in uni and lost my virginity to her (she lost her virginity with me as well).

I met this new girl in the subway, she told me she found me cute so i gave her my number. We really hit it off.

I don't think I'm a Chad, I'm 5'11 and 120 lbs. I care a lot about how i dress and How i style my hair, but that's about it. I have zero social skills so I'm not really good at talking and don't have friends. I guess it's just luck idk
>>
>>31536529
You of all people should know it doesn't work that way.

>>31536978
>not a chad
>gets cold approached by girls

It also doesn't work that way.

For real though, I'm pretty sure that anon was pointing out silver lining in your situation - tons of people loose a partner and remain alone afterwards. I know how being alone sucks and I know what it's like to reminisce about your previous partner, even with a new one. The thing is, it's only been a month, so can you can't expect yourself to be over the connection you had. The only thing that a worked for me was to make goals for myself, as well as my new partner, and just focus on them; the more of them I achieved, the happier I was to accept the reality of my situation.
>>
>>31536978
Uni is school you dumb fuck
>5'11" and 120 lbs
Bitches love Jack Skellington mode

To answer your question, the whole "get over someone by getting under someone else" thing is a meme. It works better for women because of biology, they're wired to be less sentimental over a lost mate because men used to get killed a lot more often than women historically (and today, but my point still stands). The only thing that's going to fix you is time.
I just went on my first real date in seven months last night, got to second base. I still thought about my ex after I got back and I was alone with my thoughts. Now I was together with her for close to a decade, so it's gonna take me longer than you, but the truth is the memories just need to fade into the back of your mind.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.