[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1711145049907699.jpg (2.89 MB, 4032x3024)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB JPG
my mom ordered pizza. I just gave up on thinking i could resist the offer of free food, i know its childish but i would like to get some advice on how to overcome this. just ended up eating the whole thing despite not being hungry for any of it.
right now my efforts toward improving my relationship with food include:

>obtaining a water bottle that i fill every night and before i go to work so that i have a quick easy source to stay hydrated

>tracking all food and drinks daily, and the cost associated if any.

>keeping my weekly budget in mind (91$) so i can develop meal preps more wisely.
a few days ago i made my first meal prep and im proud of myself for doing so. I went from eating 1000+ calorie sodium drenched burgers and fries for lunch at work to eating less than 400 with no sugar yogurts + cheap fresh fruit. with the mealpreps id be eating less than 8 dollars a day, which i didnt think i could achieve so soon coming from spending twice to thrice more each month.

TLDR; i need advice on how to avoid overeating via homecooked meals or takeout that my parents make.
>>
>>31536649

intermittant fasting - dont eat after 8p or before 10a
black coffee helps.
cut your portion size down by 25% so you have leftovers
>>
>>31536649
IDK man, I think at the end of the day it boils down to motivation. Why do you want to improve your relationship with food? DO you want a better life? Any particular weight loss goal you're reaching? Is it just for health reasons?
I went through a nasty breakup and decided that instead of just losing my beer gut, I was going to get a six pack. I went on keto, started eating 2200 kcal a day then 1900 kcal a day and went from 240 to like 215 in two months.
The last few weeks I've been totally off the wagon though. It started with going to a professional workshop for my industry and deciding that instead of being the autists with a tupperware of lukewarm chicken breast I'd just eat the conference food. Then that turned into a cheat meal with friends here, a "snack" there, going out for fast food for dinner, and now I'm barely following my diet most days at all. Ironically, I think it's because I'm moving into another emotional state of processing my breakup (we lived together for years, it was a LONG relationship). I'm "moving on" so I'm not motivated to get back at my ex by getting shredded but at the same time that moving on is making me melancholy so I want dopamine from goyslop.

I need to capture the motivation again to get that six pack now that the pure spite is dying down. Also this slipping on my diet went hand in hand with smoking weed again, which I need to cut out again. You don't have that problem though.
>>
>>31536649
Hopeless. No help is possible.
>>
File: 1718918031226026.png (320 KB, 1046x1180)
320 KB
320 KB PNG
>>31536681
>Why do you want to improve your relationship with food?

Ive been a bad student in the past, and i mean really bad. And screen time, lack of sleep, poor diet, and inconsistent water intake fueled a lot of that. The shame of not having a license by 20, no plans of moving out, furthering education, still being in my experimental phase with drugs, having no credit just scares me. Im feeling it creep up right now (19M)

>motivation
i have alot of regrets from not using my youth wisley so far like alot of anons here, ive been told that im a nice and smart young man with a lot of potential. Ive abandoned so many things that couldve had huge gains for my future by now, but because of my lack of discipline and direction im SCARED of people that i havent seen in a while come up to me and say
>what happened to you, anon? are you still doing (X)?

i went ghost on all the people ive met at school before i dropped out, i left the servers, stopped showing up in the lobbies, didnt make any friends but ive missed the opportunity to make them, and the people that couldve remembered me still dont know my whereabouts.

>better life?
yeah. my final goal is to become a more well adjusted adult via moving out, getting my own car and going back to school a healthier adult with much more direction.

Fast food is making me feel worse than when it did from when i was younger. i feel like giving up, sleeping, eating more, spending more, throwing up, saying dumber shit and watching worse content after eating. The shame, the impact on my wallet, and the directionless life is what i wanna leave behind, one step at a time.

>intermittent fasting
used to ignore this as i thought it was some sort of get fit quick scheme to trick people into wasting their time, but when the food is ordered or done, its usually around 8pm. so by shortening the window it allows a rule that i can use to consume alot less food realistically with no great dietary restrictions.
>>
>>31536649
>i would like to get some advice on how to overcome this
You just get back on the horse man, it's just a setback but not a failure, if you catch my drift. This stuff is hard when you're not in control of the food that's in the house or how it's prepared. You either have to remove yourself from that situation and regain control over purchasing and preparing your own food, or develop the ability to politely decline/limit things. The former is easier, but may not be simple depending on your situation.

>>tracking all food and drinks daily, and the cost associated if any.
This is a good thing to do for a while. Log all food and the calories of it. Work out your TDEE, and aim for a figure underneath that value each day. I wouldn't fuss too much about the cost thing, it's orthagonal to the issue of weight loss.

Same for how 'healthy' or not a food is, for weight loss all that really matters is running at a deficit for a bunch of days until the desired amount of weight is removed. My go-to restricted meal when I wasn't at home was a big mac with the fries swapped for salad and a diet soda. 500 calories on the button, and putting the salad into it turned it into a 'fancy' burger.

Biggest tip I can give you on this journey, the one for some reason no diet advice ever gives you, is become OK with feeling hungry. Embrace it. You can be hungry and not eat, and you can do that for literally weeks if you needed to. But it's normal for feelings of hunger to feel urgent. Facing this head-on makes a huge difference to your chances of success, and after a while your appetite and feelings of hunger will adjust downwards to a new lower normal.
>>
File: 1718730009839148.png (373 KB, 864x849)
373 KB
373 KB PNG
>is become OK with feeling hungry. Embrace it.
ive always felt a need to be constantly satiated or full in order to have my needs met. not scratching the itch to do that makes it more tolerable.

i hate feeling bloated/full all the time.

So anon, after eating reasonably, should i feel the "i could eat, but not fully feast" feeling?
And how can i deal with the desire to just have food in my mouth, hunger removed.
>>
ur a weak disgusting subhuman who cant even control his most primal urges of consumption
>>
File: 1713483208039018.png (109 KB, 776x1018)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>31536745
>>31537427
heres your (you), fuck off. not advice.
>>
Eat big
Lift big

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.