[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: a00064f01.jpg (41 KB, 650x594)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
My right shoulder is really sore. Can't move it up and every position hurts so fucking much. Painkillers do not work. If I move in the wrong position it hurts so much I almost faint. Can't go to see the doctor, it's night where I am and the closest ER is a town over and I don't have a car. It'll be 5 hours before my local healthcare centre opens its doors at 8 AM. How to ease the pain? I THINK it's localised in the "Bursa" region (pic). I literally only have like ibuprofen and it doesn't work, this has gone on for 2 days and nights and I've slept maybe an hour or two a day during that time. I'm so fucking desperate already that I fully understand the animalistic instinct to gnaw my limb off. What should I do to make these 5 hours less excruciating?
>>
Ow, that must suck.

Do you have a heat/cold pack? Apply one of those to relieve the pain a little.

I can't diagnose you through the net, but I'll ask you a few questions.

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being the least and 10 being the worst, how bad is the pain?

Have you injured your arm? if so, how? If not recently, how long ago?

Any nausea, fever, vomiting, loss of consciousness or loss of coordination?

Does your arm positioning affect the pain? Try to describe what positions make it hurt more/less.

Lastly, medical history. Are you on any medication/diagnosed with anything?
>>
>>31536770
Take an aspirin.
>>
>>31536827
Aspirin and ibuprofen work almost the exact same way as they are both NSAIDs which inhibit prostaglandin production. Although it wouldn't hurt to try I suppose.
>>
File: IMG_1846.jpg (32 KB, 500x500)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Hopefully you see this anon. Sorry what you’re dealing with, had the same issue but I fixed it. I also had it in the bursa region, and like you said the pain was so immense I begged my mother to drive me to the hospital but she didn’t do shit. So I asked my bad and he told me to do physical therapy with a band (pic rel). I will send you you the videos recommended for shoulder pain in the bursa, but the only exercise that actually healed it for me was the same form as a cable fly. I would tie one end of the band to a stable structure like a railing and then exercise. It is hard to explain so if you need more detail lmk.
>>
>>31536770
Sling it for a couple days. That’s what the doctor will do. Learn to relax.
>>
>>31536770
Get a professional massage

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.