[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1719806301722.jpg (548 KB, 1000x1500)
548 KB
548 KB JPG
I started using dating apps and started to go out dancing after being a neet for almost a decade, but whenever I click with someone or right from the get go they ask me for my instagram. I don't have one yet and was curious if I am expected to regularly post pictures on there? And how do I even get followers, isn't it an incredibly bad look to literally see 0 followers on someone's profile? Is exchanging numbers not a thing anymore?
>>
>>31536775
Don’t start an instagram or anything else. It’s a trap. It will waste your time and make you feel inferior. If they insist just tell them you don’t like displaying your life like that and enjoy some privacy. If they reject you for that you dodged a crazy person.
>>
>>31536775
Just say
>I deleted my instagram a while ago. I'm trying to detox from social media, it's not good for your mental health.
girls usually understand.
>>
>>31536821
Damn, thanks anon. How couldn't I think of something that simple... I was honest about not being a social media person before and had girls ask for my number instead, but this should make me look less autistic.
>>
>>31536821
>>31536836

this is all well and good if you can pull it off but just know girls typically want to go for the insta instead of the phone number because they want to be able to see what kind of life you lead at a glance (your profile), if you have any friends (your followers), who you're following (hopefully not a list full of anime egirl accounts!), and also be able to block you quickly if necessary. phone numbers can be attached to certain types of account information and that coupled with their full name can be a little intimidating for girls to hand out freely. like i said, saying you're giving up social media because you don't want to ruin your brain is fine as that is starting to be more accepted but don't be surprised if you still encounter push back because of it.
>>
>>31536893
just act like you're some cool mysterious guy....or be extremely honest.
>I deleted my insta when I left my hometown. I'm leaving my old life behind
or the brutally honest/teasing approach
>I don't use insta, I have no friends. Oh wow look at how many followers you have, you're soo cool and popular...
both have worked for me.
in the end never debase yourself to downloading instagram and trying to garner a following simply to look cool on dating apps. That's cringe.
In my experience only maybe one out of ten girls would make social media a requirement. The vast majority would give out their number easily and agree to a date very quickly as long as your profile looks legit and you have decent game.
>>
>>31536912
>in the end never debase yourself to downloading instagram and trying to garner a following simply to look cool on dating apps. That's cringe.

Sure, I can agree with that. And I'm wondering if it's more of an age thing because for me, being a little older (mid 30s) and dating an older demographic

>only maybe one out of ten girls would make social media a requirement.

would be a lot more like six out of ten for me as we kind of "came up" with instagram, if that makes sense.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.