[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Any electric scooter suggestions? Planning on buying one
>>
>>31537028
buy an ebike instead, it will be faster, more reliable and you can build them yourself cheaply
>>
>>31537028
get a kickscooter (Micro brand is good)
you need dat fitness, trust me boi
>>
Get a car. If you already have a car, sell it and buy a faster car.
>>
>>31537028
Get a free one from a liberal city.
>>
File: th-4216196422.jpg (40 KB, 474x315)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>31538160
Cars cost literal tons of money, require a license and are very expensive to maintain. Here are some figures for my shitbox:
>Cost $3K
>Insurance and taxes: ~$1.6K/year
>repairs and maintenance: ~$1K so far this year
There's also gas and all the time lost towing it off the side of the road whenever it shits the bed.

In comparison electric bike or scooter doesen't require license, insurance, much maintenance and is like $500
>>
>>31538369
Well said. The only issue is winter. Leafland winter blows.
>>
>>31538135
Bikes are gay tho, are they cheaper?
>>
>>31538151
Kek. Retard.
>>
>>31538437
I get you, our roads look like this half the year too, and it can get below -30F at times. Still I'd recommend atleast a hybrid approach to save money if you can:
>register vehicle as not in use when possible to scoot
>now vehicle does not accrue tax, insurance or repair costs
>still have car when not able to cross shitfest in winter
It'd be nice if one solution could fix it all. But those solutions often cost a ton of money
>>
>>31538443
nta but no not typically. that said you arent looking at too much more for an ebike and i think theyre more functional over all. they can be ridden even without any assist and theyre easier to lock up so you dont have to carry some 100lb awkward bullshit with you wherever you go. in addition to this you can also get fat tire variants that will handle snow a lot better so you can still ride it into winter unless you get an extreme amount of snow.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.