[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: acoffee.jpg (115 KB, 591x479)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
Hi all, I guess long story short, I was just at some accounting mom-and-pop tax accounting job, and on Friday, my boss calls me into his office, says "you don't got it', and then I was fired a few days later. He didn't elaborate or anything - he literally just didn't like something about me. Anyway, that's all to say that I wasn't fired for cause. Apparently he didn't like how I didn't stick to some archaic and untruthful script, when presenting to our customers. Not that I was even going against it, I guess he just didn't like me.

So, as I'm signing the separation agreement (which basically just says I can't sue for discrimination), my HR woman told me that she can help me out with unemployment - that I wasn't "fired", and that we'll figure something out with unemployment, and to text her this morning for how we'll get over that line.

Now, I was only at this job for just shy of three months, and I actually exhausted my unemployment from being laid off last year, so the unemployment site wont even let me file for a new claim until August. It says that the minimum weeks worked to qualify for unemployment is 20... and I am of course pretty shy of that.

Am I screwed on the unemployment front? I'm not even sure what she can move around on her end to make me get unemployment, especially if I can't even start a claim until next month.

She didn't know about my previous unemployment benefits, but the more I'm looking at the numbers, it almost just seems like she was telling me nice things on the way out the door. In the short time I've known her, I've never seen her to be disingenuous, but who knows.

Any help, please? State is New Jersey, btw.

I have about 6 months worth of savings, so I'm better off than a lot of people, but I'm seriously stressing.
>>
>>31538111
this is no short story
>>
>>31538111
>to keep a long story short
>tells a long story

Wonder why he didn't like you op.
>>
>>31538112
It’s not even a minute worth of reading, holy fuck zoomers are brain fried.

>>31538111
Seems like it was a shit workplace. Be glad you’re quit of it. It’s normal to feel shook up after abrupt changes, like loss of a job. But it’s also changes that’ll see you into a job, a better one. So make that the focus
>>
>>31538138
nah im probably older than you retard
>>
>>31538111
>he didn't like how I didn't stick to some archaic and untruthful script, when presenting to our customers.
That script was carefully designed by lawyers to cover the company's ass on any potential disagreements with clients. By not following it, you put the entire company in danger.
>>
>>31538578
I still touched on all of the stuff they wanted. In fact, the call that he called me in after, wasn't even a sales call. It was a casual follow-up with one of our customers. His actual reason given was that he didn't "trust me to close deals", but I was at the same level as everyone else. And there was no stated quota.

I guess sometimes people just don't like other people.

He's also an Orthodox Jew with bipolar disorder... so he's fucked up. The Orthodox part matters because those fuckers don't believei n mental health anything.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.