[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Am I wrong for finally giving up on my gf losing weight? I've been with her for probably over 2 years now, and ever since we got together she's been trying to lose weight, and I've been trying to help. She started off at 260, got to 180ish, now shes basically back at 260. At first she lost a good amount of weight, but has almost gained it all back. Everytime im not with her, she ends up buying high calorie sugary junk food and tells me about it like a week later. I still love her and support her, I just don't believe in her anymore. I feel like that's a really bad thing for a bf, but at the same time I think it's reasonable due to it being 2 years now and she's back where she started. She claims she still wants to lose weight, and exercise, and I'll help her exercise as much as she'll let me, but I don't think she'll ever lose any of the weight. I'm ok with it honestly, I don't mind having a fat gf. I'll continue to make her healthy food at home, but if she wants to pig out when I'm not there, I don't care anymore, and definitely won't be surprised. What do y'all think, and what would y'all do? I'm sure most people here wouldn't want to date a fat chick and would just break it off. But I love her dearly, and think shes the sweetest person. But also completely incapable of sticking to what she says when it comes to weight lose. Idk.
>>
>>31538616
Sounds like you're fighting an uphill battle. I would consider that grounds to leave.
>>
File: what.jpg (105 KB, 1001x665)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>31538616
That's really, really unhealthy and will significantly impact her lifespan aswell as everyday life quality. It's not just an annoying lifestyle or appearance problem, it should be categorized a sickness and appointed a doctor. Obesity is the leading cause of death next to cancer in our country.
>>
>>31538616
She will only get fatter. Sorry anon, but the only way she will lose weight now is for fear of losing you.
>>
>>31538622
For me, her weight isn't a reason to stay or leave. But it definitely is an uphill battle, she'll scream and cry if I voice my feelings and thoughts, saying I'm "attacking her", and I can't really push her that hard in exercise or she gives up and cries.
>>31538639
Yea, even she acknowledges this. At times she'll talk about this stuff. About obesity in America and how it's killing people, but from her childhood, it's like junk food is cigarettes for her. She gets sad she's fat, so she eats junk food to feel better, making her more fat. It's a vicious cycle. But honestly, it's still completely her choice.
>>31538648
Honestly, I think if I left her, she'd only get worse
>>
>>31538714
Buddy she lost 80 pounds, only to turn around and gain it back in RECORD TIME.

do you think she's going to stop there? No, she will only lose it and keep it off under 2 conditions (you either leave her and it's her "revenge body", or she loses the weight and keeps it off to keep you around)

I didn't make the rules my dude, your being with her is only serving to condone her fatness. She will get fatter.
>>
>>31538616
Pretty much the same thing happened to me, instead it lasted 12 years before I finally found the courage to put an end to this relationship.
Things are never going to get better, fat people are fat because they are lazy fucks with a mental illness that pushes to self destruct.
You can't do anything about it, just leave.
Never get with a fat woman, thinking that you can change her.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.