[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (596 KB, 1300x956)
596 KB
596 KB PNG
>gf wants to work in the charity sector (probably education focussed organisations)
>earning caps at £50k-ish for most places if she reaches the top in 30 years time

How can I stomach the fact that I'm going to basically have to provide for her if we want to have a good lifestyle? Everyone else in my friend group has a gf who are in lucrative careers (consulting, financial services, etc.). She's otherwise amazing in every way.

Everyone says how men should feel proud of being a provider/breadwinner etc. but I don't know if I see it.
>>
>>31538712
You're not going to believe this, but, you actually have 100% control over who you date, and you're actually allowed to make decisions on what you can and can't deal with.
If your spouse makes too low of an income for what you want, and this is literally a deal breaker,, you find someone else. If it's not a deal breaker, you deal with the fact that this is a trade off for being with this person.

This is not a difficult concept to wrap your head around ya dumb bong.
>>
>>31538712
>>31538722
Also
>everyone else
Never compare yourself to others.
>50k
The median HOUSEHOLD income in the Uk is 35,000. That would put her, alone, above the household income. It isn't even that bad. You're literally whining you just didn't date a lawyer. Cmon man.

Also if you wanna be rich is less about your base income and more about your ability to save and invest. It takes time, but it is not difficult to build wealth to enjoy later in life and have your kids (if any) enjoy.
>>
>Everyone else in my friend group has a gf who are in lucrative careers (consulting, financial services, etc.)
Most women will leave those lucrative careers after a few years of marriage to spend more time with their families. Your gf is ahead of the curve
>>
>>31538728
nta but as a bong myself 35,000 is misleading stat

first, that includes part time workers and 16 year olds etc and is across the uk
london is incredibly different, and if OP is concerned with an income distance he's definitely working in london to be earning noticably more than £50k (he also mentioned financial services for example)
you can't survive off 35k in london - if you're familiar with uk politics it's a major issue at the moment. average first time deposit for a house in london is £145k for a first time buyer. there's no way they'll be able to get a house if one of them earns 35k

second, that's after taxes. in uk tax below 50k income is 20%, +9% because she probably has a student loan (which here functions as a tax), and national insurance is another 6% at that income level. She'll be taking home just shy of 35,000 a year
>>
>>31538712
Having a gf is just a bonus in life, she shouldn't be an integral part of your life's finances

As long as YOU can afford your own home, having an "amazing" gf is just a nice bonus from life, enjoy it

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.