[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

i really hope no one thinks im larping. this is an anonymous website and there's literally nothing I could gain from doing so besides mental masturbation.

im 19, and while i haven't been tested with a full weschler test, ravens progressive matrix tests place my iq in the 150s. despite this, i've almost nothing to show for it. i live in a 3rd world conservative country, so i've been touted as weird enough, and have for this reason become so paranoid my intuition for social interactions never developed. i have other very real problems i cant get into right now, but bottom line is, i cant dedicate my intellect to anything in specific, despite excelling in everything ive ever touched. my family is even pissed because they think im wasting a "gift".

are therapists worth it? ive gone to 3 so far, and all they've done is tell me things i already knew. none of the advice ever helped, and one of the therapists outright got mad when i started explaining to her as nicely as i could that she wasnt even following DSM procedure when dismissing the possibilty of me having ASD without doing any tests because thats easiest. should i look for a psychiatrist instead? perhaps they would look at things much more methodically and diagnose me instead of beating around the bush to suck money out of me session after session.
>>
>>31539488
>claims to have an IQ in the 150s
>can't figure out that private shrinks are a scam by himself
>>
>>31539488
Check >>>/sci/ maybe
>>
>>31539497
i didnt wanna go for the first 4 years of being constatly recommended to, but my family is pretty apprehensive since they cant help me at all and have been forcing me to go again and again. they were utterly upset if i wouldnt try the "next one they found that was totally legit!!!1!!"
>>
>>31539498
i considered going there - utter iq elitism cesspool. they just think that this number is a medal that makes you better than everyone else, regardless of ones actual convictions and actions, moronic as they may be. they'd just pester me about my score the entire fucking time until the thread got closed

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.