[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (1.15 MB, 1018x1024)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
How do ugly people manage to push through and be happy?

My friend is what I'd describe as "conventionally unattractive" and seems to be cheerful 99% of the time.

I'm barely more attractive than he is (but still ugly) and every time I see myself in the mirror I get depressed.

I would ask him but I can't exactly go up to him and say "hey, how are you happy when ugly?"
>>
Bump, I want an answer too
>>
>>31540180
>>31540216
If you stop thinking about it so much, you'll be thinking about your ugliness the same amount as normal people do.

In other words, no one else is thinking about how ugly you are, you're the only one thinking about that.
>>
>>31540180
If you have confidence and are a nice enough person that people like you (obviously don't be a pushover), you can be known for something besides your looks. People like Pete Davidson and Ed Sheeran got big because they didn't care they were ugly
>>
>>31541591
ed sheeran is totally mid for UK

pete davidson is incredibly attractive looking like a previously clean cut guy who has been doing way too much heroin in the last year has always gotten women horny
>>
>>31540180
>How do ugly people manage to push through and be happy?
Push through what?
Being happy is easy, I just be happy.
>every time I see myself in the mirror I get depressed.
I get smug 'cause I got that FRIDAY NIGHT MUTHAFUCKA energy all day every day
No idea what your problem is, but I ain't got it.
>>
>>31541591
Oh yes, people who judge you on your looks will know you're a degenerate horsebeast.
So?
That sounds like a problem a dainty svelte socialite would care about. Here in horsebeast land, we too degen to fit that paradigm.
>>
>>31541654
You fuckin moron.

Ed Sheeran is extremely famous and Pete Davidson has a 10 inch cock and is also famous.
>>
>>31540180
Some people are just good at accepting the curse of living a life not as an ultra rich chad. They just find their own meaning and happiness and are able to not worry about their shortcomings. Some of it is genetics and some of it is a really good positive upbringing. Your friend sounds fun as fuck. Would get a beer with him.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.