[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1692583745073957.png (319 KB, 625x723)
319 KB
319 KB PNG
I rent an apartment with my slightly younger brother, who seems to hate me, despite me having done nothing but try to help him his whole life. He's always assumed I was the favorite, somehow him managing his money improperly is my fault, all of his issues in life are my and my mother's fault. Hes always had Anger issues, Bipolar and Hormonal issues as well. Permanent Aggro.

He was arguing and insulting my mother yesterday when I stepped in and defended her. He is now sending threatening texts, saying he's going to attack me/knock me the fuck out, etc. The problem is he is a sore loser and has never beaten me in a fight. When I win, the fighting will never end. But if I throw the match he'll be satisfied and it will make him feel good about himself. The issue of course is, if he thinks he won, he'll try to hold that over my head forever. Should I let him "win" so that I can live in my apartment in peace?

Obviously I'm looking for a new place so that I can remove him from my life, but at this point in time, that isn't possible. Thoughts?
>>
Moving in with him was a huge fucking mistake, prioritize separating your life from them completely.
>at this point in time, that isn't possible. Thoughts?
It's going to keep being shit until you are actually away and this person is out of your life. Then they get to sink or swim and perhaps in time they reflect and re-evaluate their relationship with you. Or perhaps they never have that moment of clarity, but it doesn't matter because they are out of your life and can continue being a shit cunt at a distance without impacting you in the slightest.

Right now, while you're still living under the same roof, you just need to disengage as completely as possible in all areas. It's that simple.
>>
>>31540746
I appreciate the insight. But at age 24 its now or never for that moment of clarity. Im nearing 30, so I can understand that early 20s "God Complex" mentality. But life certainly has a way of humbling you. I have been away from him. We still exit and enter the apartment. And after making threats of "just you fucking wait" for 2 days. Nothing has happened. So I'll just keep to myself, in my room and relax.
>>
>>31540254
Nah. Keep him on his losing streak. If he's man enough to throw hands, let him really regret it. Then call him a faggot for good measure. Kick him out after that, or just move somewhere else, since he wants to act up.

T. I'm the middle child
>>
>>31540254
Stop posting this same thread.
>>
>>31540254
Letting him win won't work. It'll just embolden him to be a bigger bully. Winning is the better option but it also won't work. He will resort to passive agressive ways to attack and sabotage you behind your back. Just get away from him as soon as you can.
>>
I am the little brother here. She's lying, I have never lost a fight to her plain and simple.
>>
>>31540254
Remember the story of Cain and Abel? Some things just never change, anon. You need to focus on yourself and your loved ones, those that really care about you.

You can still love your brother from a distance, but set boundaries and do not allow him to harm you or others.
>>
>>31540254
if he wins because you give up before you stop him hasn't he genuinely won by out lasting you? endurance and willpower are just as important
>>
>>31540254
You have to win and thoroughly buck break him
>>
>>31540254
Looking forward to seeing this on the next episode of cops
>>
>>31540254
Maybe he hates you because you talk shit about him and seem to only think of him in a negative light like he's inferior
>>
File: stephena.jpg (30 KB, 464x462)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>31543740
I don't talk shit on him, I've known him my whole life, I have no need to. I talk shit to him, directly, like a man. Especially if he's acting erratically. Since we were young I've tried to help him. He's never had a "likeable" personality. I've tried giving him suggestions for how he can talk to people better and make people see where he's coming from instead of just yelling all the time.

I dont need to think I'm better than him, I see him as my younger brother who could use some proper male guidance, which we both lacked. He seems to either think I'm better than him and wants to show me up, or he thinks I think I'm better. Both are in his head. Am I responsible for his feelings of inferiority?
>>
I'd smash Huh Yunjin so hard

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.