[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: a3219270415_10.jpg (398 KB, 1200x1200)
398 KB
398 KB JPG
i'm 26 and i've been unemployed for almost a year apart from working gigs, recently gotten offered a government job working for the county.

Pay is ok for where I live 25 an hour but the commute is hellish office is about an hour and a half from where I live and i'm not quite ready to re locate yet. also the job seems very boring and barely related to what I have a background in would mostly be sitting in an office from 7 to 5:30 filling out paperwork which is something ive never done or wanted to do.

The upside is its 4 days a week Fridays off but i'm afraid this kind of work in an office will make me wanna kill myself.

not sure what to do starts in two weeks and im really dreading this, should I keep looking or try this for a little bit, also not sure if its worse to decline the job before it even starts vs working for a few weeks just to try and bailing. I feel stuck I feel trapped need advice
>>
It sounds like you're going to hate it and end up quitting, or forcing your boss's hand to let you go. Nobody can get their perfect dream job, the chances of that are pretty slim. The best I can tell you is some income is better than no income. You can do the job for now and try and look for something else on the side. Ironically try a side hustle selling books, candles, goodwill shit, etc online and see what happens.
>>
>>31540598
No sympathy. You’re given a cushy job and you whine and complain because of the commute. Fucking move then
>>
>>31540640
Probably right. I actually do stay busy with side hustle things selling stuff on ebay and other odd jobs / creative endeavors. taking this job would be a step up monetarily but maybe I prefer the freedom of my current setup

>>31540674
The job would certainly be cushy, I hate the area its in though no desire to live out there plus i've got a good stable living situation already. was kinda banking on finding another job closer to where I live but so far nothing
>>
bump

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.