[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_9920.jpg (25 KB, 612x408)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
I don’t fully understand why but if I get a text it feels like a huge burden to have to reply and I end up waiting until eventually days days pass and it becomes a bigger weight ob my shoulders. I wish I could just text people back immediately, but I always fuck up. Does anybody else do this? Is it some kind of known phenomenon or just retardation?
>>
>>31540613
>I wish I could just text people back immediately, but I always fuck up.
First of all, you are already fucking up by not texting back and letting such a simple thing become a large issue in your head.
Secondly, you are clearly overthinking such a simple thing to the point where you're giving yourself mental issues. You're giving yourself anxiety over something very insignificant. You are analyzing yourself and your potential responses and their potential responses to those responses WAY more than anyone else ever would.
You're doing this to yourself. You probably won't like the advice "stop it", but that's all there is to it. You're doing this to yourself. Stop it.
>>
>>31540613
>if I get a text it feels like a huge burden to have to reply
You mistakenly think you're obliged or required to be good at texting.
Abandon this belief and reply with any old bullshit.
>Does anybody else do this?
You aren't the only one who has incorrect standards for yourself, yes.
Actually I have that issue too, but only in situations where I can double the fuck down on it and get results, at some cost to my body. Right now you're getting no results, so it's not really the same for you.
>Is it some kind of known phenomenon or just retardation?
Retardation is a known phenomenon.
>>
>>31540613
well you have to weigh how thoughtful it is to do some heavy lifting in thinking of the perfect response versus how thoughtful it would be to get faster at responding
>>
>>31540613
Dont let them guilt you
>>
>>31540613
Not answering is the only practical way to end a conversation with some kinds of people.
>>
>>31540613
Maybe you're a people pleaser.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.