[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1718561101749448.jpg (82 KB, 720x720)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
I want to write some shit like trainspotting so i want to make weird scenes (due to drugs).
Can you give me some advice for that?
>>
File: 1718612117660706.jpg (138 KB, 720x960)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
as someone who has been getting high and scared in public for over a decade now and also an author, you are truly blessed that ive decided to drop you an effortpost: after reading this you will have both an understanding and a genesis engine for the magic that is the weird and plausible

they diving board at the edge of the breach of regular reality is fundamentally a contagious state of analysis paralysis, where one party struggles to parse an unexpected detail into their plan or routine and then suffers a delay

when you are sober, all of your heuristics are still intact, and you're not afraid of getting "busted," this is usually a simple manner of just adjusting course or asking for help. however, as real niggas who smoke that donkey pack know, the addled brain tends to overcorrect, oversimplify, or start tweaking

scenes caused by a mook overcorrecting are of the "don't be suspicious" vein, where the geeked up will move in slow motion, overmask their affect, or ask a passerby for help. this causes weird situations because it pulls attention to weird behavior--those that populate "the scene" will wonder what the situation is and they will question, poke, prod, test, and maybe even call over other people to escalate the weird situation further until elements of groupthink and posturing have taken control and the geeked is subject to the will of the most influential person who has noticed their behavior, be it a cop, a wizard, a wise guy, or whatever your story needs

scenes caused by oversimplification are those of negligence causing some kind of tort--often offending against someone else zazzed up which can make for a fast-compounding weird situation, for instance your hero crashed into someone's house or ran over the foil character's prized pet

scenes caused by full-on tweaking are less creatively impressive and more on the nose, usually just for comic relief, usually the least "weird" situation because they all fundamentally turn into a game of smear the queer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.