[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ah..jpg (17 KB, 244x427)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
i've sent out 20 applications in the past two weeks to just random ass part-time on campus jobs that posted listings online and none of them have even reviewed my application yet, much less actually gotten back to me. what the fuck is going on? and why are the openings listed if they're not actually going through applications?
>>
it's the middle of summer, anon. none of those will be actively hiring until the fall semester.
>>
>>31541041
but some of them explicitly said that they were trying to fill positions for summer, and had start dates listed as "ASAP". my schools summer session started just last week. i sent out 15 of my 20+ applications before the summer session even began.
>>
Online applications have always been hell, and people using AI to apply faster have only made it worse.

>and why are the openings listed if they're not actually going through applications?
lots of reasons, but companies actually do pay a lot of money to have those listings up on the job board site

Every job board site has another side to it that lets employers search for candidates. The best things you can do to improve your search visibility are:
>be actively applying on the site every day
>make sure brassring and the other dogshit 20 year old resume parsing software package that companies still use for some reason can accurately parse the information in your resume
>and obviously a human looking at the resume shouldn't be confused either
>>
your resume is clearly just fucked up or you are applying to the wrong jobs.
>>
>>31541035
I've been rejected from 3 jobs in the last 2 days.
>>31541070
>Online applications have always been hell, and people using AI to apply faster have only made it worse.
What's worse is being profiled by ai and then being rejected.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.