[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is it normal for people who consider themselves your friend to constantly dodge very simple questions? I feel like I'm a fairly simple person, but I seem to be completely surrounded by people who constantly get irked and weirded out by any kind of interaction where they have to put in any effort or interest to see my perspective.

As a small example, I've been wanting to get my hair cut, it's too long and I feel like I could go for a style change. Almost everyone I talk to about it that I feel close to constantly avoided me when I asked for advice on what kind of hairstyle to get. It made me feel really anxious when I would wait days for a response and they would never respond back to any kind of message I would send them. If it was a face to face situation they would try their hardest to change the subject. Once I got to the barber, I just told them to chop off about 3 inches all around, despite me not wanting to do that because it felt silly.

This small situation highlights what I feel is a much larger issue, where just a small amount of interest in what I had to say would have made all the difference. "Why do you want a haircut to begin with?" or "What kind of haircuts do you find cool?" or simply just reassuring me that cutting it shorter would have been perfectly fine. But no, I'm just completely denied the perspective that I wanted for some arbitrary reason, and my punishment for even asking that kind of question is social isolation.
>>
>>31542281
They don't want to be your advisor on such personal matters. You have a pre-conceived idea of what "friendship" means and seem hell-bent on forcing it on people. It would be better to listen and observe and respond in the inconsequential ways that suit them.

As for your hair style, style of dress and so on, just use celebrity role models that you consider acceptable.
>>
>>31542281
You ask me how to cut your hair.
I make a suggestion.
You do it.
You hate it.
It's all my fault.
You hate me.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.