[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>be me a long time go around 18-20
>finished school, have a large group of friends
>no responsibilities during a fun period of life
>for some reason I have a thing against clubbing/partying and never really take part
>during this time I also neglect to make friends
>I also live at home and am from a poor family in a dump of a house, so I also neglect dating due to fear of having to take a girl back to my place
>fast forward to early 20s friend group is staring to drift apart
>actually take part in a little more of the drinking party culture with friends I have left, find out I enjoy it
>friend group continues to drift apart though, can maybe count the times I've been out clubbing on one hand
>at the same time I decide to enrol in college
>completely neglect any social interaction during this time, just focus on my studies
>friendship group eventually completely breaks
>now find myself 27, no friends, never had a gf, and I'm fat and balding
>overwhelming sense that I wasted the best years of my life

Is careermaxing and lifemaxing to set yourself up for an enjoyable time in your 30s actually possible? I've read before that the prime for a man's life is in his 30s which and it's the only thing keeping me going from the faint glimmer of hope that my life may turn around in my 30s once I graduate, settle into my career, and then I can possibly start dating, but I feel like that's copium and in reality I'll never get back the best years of my life that were meant to be spent partying and indulging in young love.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.