[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2088.jpg (1.9 MB, 4032x3024)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB JPG
Last Friday I was on my lunch break with a coworker (W), and while we were sitting at an intersection we saw another one of our coworkers (B) at a jack in the box drive-thru. B noticed us and I jokingly flipped him off because we had joked around before and hung out a little bit, he took it extremely personally, so much so that he threatened to fight me if I ever did it again. I apologized to him almost immediately afterward and told I didn’t mean anything by it and he told me to piss off. B and W have been friends for a long time and I asked W to talk to B, but he wouldn’t, saying that I just need to give him some space and time. W also told me that B does not know how to take a joke and is in general a really unstable person. I was supposed to go to a happy hour for another coworkers b-day after work, but I decided not to because I knew B was gonna be there and I didn’t want to make things awkward and less enjoyable for everyone else, despite the fact that others told me to go regardless.

Anyway, I go to work yesterday and I can tell that people are just treating me weirdly despite the fact that I think I did the right thing and I’m not sure what more I can do. I’ve only been there for 2 months and it was a rough start for me (like every job) because I’m a socially awkward and anxious sperg and a couple people haven’t taken kindly to that despite my efforts to try and start conversations here and there and smile when I talk to people. It’s especially disappointing because W was probably my best work friend and sits closest to me and I felt like he was treating me very differently yesterday too.

I’m gonna end up finding a new job soon, hopefully, but I’m still wondering what I could’ve done differently.
>>
Bump
>>
>>31544026
They're just retarded asf anon. Don't let manipulative sociopaths get to you. Don't quit until you've secured a better new job. You didn't do anything wrong.
>>
>>31544026
>I’m still wondering what I could’ve done differently.
Maybe not flip him off

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.