[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • AdBlock users: The default ruleset blocks images on /adv/. You must disable AdBlock to browse /adv/ properly.
  • Are you in crisis? Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at +1 (800) 273-8255.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

i saw something upsetting yesterday and i can't get it out of my head. anytime i catch my breath it pops back in and throws me off balance. i have an extremely obsessive mind and i don't know how to cope with it anymore. is there anything i can do? is there such a thing as therapy for something like this or am i stuck with terminal ptsd brain because bad rng?
>>
>>31584214
If your mind is really obsessive, just aim at changing the target, mate.
>>
ok but what was it?
>>
>>31584223
there's been two sick fucks going around the city and kidnapping, abusing and even killing pets. on top of that it's most likely a whole another rabbit hole, these people seem very coordinated and most likely traveling to do so. i'm worried for my own dog and i can't deal with things like that. it makes me sick knowing shit like this is taking place.
>>
>>31584269
you need to expose and destroy them
>>
>>31584389
their identities have been circulating here and there and they have a court order of staying away from animals but it seems they're extremely dedicated. from what i gather they aren't getting properly prosecuted because theyre legally under a psychiatric care or something. i really hope somebody can do something.
>>
hey anon, I haven't dealt with intrusive thoughts related to anxiety like you have but have had pretty debilitating intrusive thoughts. The thing that helped me was basically the principle of "what you resist, persists" or in other words learning to accept the thoughts themselves.
For my intrusive thoughts that basically meant whenever I thought of something I didn't like, instead of freaking out about the thought or treating the idea as a bad thing, I just kind of stared it down and said 'yes' to it (literally I used to close my eyes, take a deep breath and say "yes" out loud if i were in private). Basically accepting the thought itself as just a thought, something that could come and go as it pleased.
I don't know how this will exactly look for you - but this is something that helped me so maybe something similar can help you. Just say yes to the fear and let the upsetting things wash over you like waves and pass. Good luck brah
>>
>>31584214
every time it happens, literally every time for a while, try to find a part about it you can shrug about. literally that's it. you will condition your mind into believing it's something to shrug about

the power we all have and don't use is so insane. we all have the power to reinterpret any event we like. we don't use it.
>>
>>31584214
Dress up as a dog and then rub up against their legs like you're just asking to be taken. This way you can catch them in the act and expose them again to the police.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.