[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • AdBlock users: The default ruleset blocks images on /adv/. You must disable AdBlock to browse /adv/ properly.
  • Are you in crisis? Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at +1 (800) 273-8255.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4298.jpg (113 KB, 720x841)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
How do I cope with work being a never-ending stream of projects being added while existing projects are being worked on?
I work weekends and just burn out all the time.
It's hard to find any satisfaction when you can see past the illusion of all the work ever being completed prior to new work being added, or downtime to develop something else that makes the workflow operate more efficiently.
>>
>>31585806
Kill yourself ig because that shit is never changing
>>
>>31586039
Nice advice, dickhead
>>
>>31585806
software dev here, i’ve lived this. here’s what you do:

slow your output down. spend that weekend where you were fixing yet another thankless issue and work on your resume. stack some cash aside for if you were to lose your job. put in your 30-40 hours a week (if that, ahah) and focus on your CAREER. Basically get ready to job hop.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.