[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • AdBlock users: The default ruleset blocks images on /adv/. You must disable AdBlock to browse /adv/ properly.
  • Are you in crisis? Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at +1 (800) 273-8255.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0310.jpg (23 KB, 564x383)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
Any medfags out there know what the cure is to lithium induced grimacing/mouth dyskinesia? Please help, i am so freaked out

i stopped the drug, cant see the doctor anymore because i moved. trying to get new doctor asap. when i asked him what to do he said stop taking it but i already stopped and the mouth movement persists
>>
>>31585886
>i stopped the drug,
why were you on lithium for in the first place?
>>
>>31585921
Depression /suspected bipolar

Its been fine off it honestly, been 2 weeks but I CANT STOP MOVING MY FUCKING MOUTH
>>
I’m a former psych nurse. It’s been a few years so I’m a little rusty. What you are experiencing is called tardive dyskinesia. It has the potential to be permanent. When I worked inpatient, we were taught to treat it quickly - not sure why your doc didn’t want to intervene sooner.

I would call around to different psych offices tomorrow and tell them what you are experiencing. If you can’t find anybody who will see you that day or the next (really just trying to save you money) I would go to the ER. Do some research and find out which local hospital has the best psych program. It’s possible they will treat you in the ER but either way they will probably have you meet with their psychiatrist. You want the best if you can help it. The hospital social worker might be able to help get you into a psych office too for follow up care and can transfer your ER records over. I know dyskinesia is supposed to be extremely uncomfortable and I don’t love that you went off your meds without a plan. This is worth pursuing. Wishing you the best.
>>
>>31586055
how did they normally treat it besides stopping the med?

also bump

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.