[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • AdBlock users: The default ruleset blocks images on /adv/. You must disable AdBlock to browse /adv/ properly.
  • Are you in crisis? Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at +1 (800) 273-8255.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: sf_jason.png (91 KB, 305x263)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
It's either E books or physical books. I want to learn math so I found a open source math textbook online that was available for free via PDF download from the publishers website. The publishers also offered a physical version of the open source math textbook for $53 on amazon. I got the physical book and now I kinda regret making this purchase. $53 is a lot for me because my only source of income is monthly SSI tugboat checks.

I hear that reading comprehension is 6 to 8 times better when reading a physical book compared to reading a ebook. While reading a physical book may be better for my reading comprehension buying many textbooks over a long period of time is costly.

Ebooks do have a high upfront cost but it does save a lot of space and it costs pennies over the long term. I am of course mentioning pirated ebooks as I would never buy ebooks from an actual publisher or amazon, because it's a waste of money. It's also more distracting because well it's a digital device.

What do you think? should I play it safe and get physical books for reading comprehension benefits or get free ebooks at the cost of my reading comprehension?

I have autism and luckily no learning disabilities, heightened sensitivity to stimuli, hearing impairments and visual impairments.
>>
>>31586478
Its up to you. I love physical books, and they are definitely easier to reference when playing with new concepts. But reality is, put the time in, make sure you learn the concepts before calling yourself done with a book, you'll be fine.

It matters more that you start working than the exact medium. Overthinking kills productivity.
>>
I suggest doing a mix of both depending on the subject and type of book.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.