[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1200.jpg (376 KB, 828x1049)
376 KB
376 KB JPG
For years I thought my social awkwardness was caused by me not knowing what to say. However I have recently realised that I'm so awkward in conversation with people because I just don't care about them. The only people I care enough to talk to are women I might possibly be able to fuck. If I don't feel someone has nothing to offer me, I don't bother. How do I stop this? How do I stop being a psycho?
>>
u not psycho, but maybe schizoid, they keep in touch with reality but are uninterested in social activities.
https://youtu.be/nG-vaCxGBGU
>>
>>31667154
>The only people I care enough to talk to are women I might possibly be able to fuck
Nah man, you are normal.

try to see men as a tool to get women, like if you dont give a shit abot a dude but you see him in a group of girls you wanna hang out with, you can pretend and start talking to him. And who knows maybe you get a friend.
>>
File: 1715614628439862.jpg (30 KB, 564x557)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>31667195
Exactly, just fake it till you make it. I only care as much about people to whether or not they can get me closer to girls I like and want to be with.

This is why when I join a group of girls I give them all attention before I focus on the one I like in particular. Its just trying to fit it.
>>
>>31667174
How does one get an official diagnosis? From just a regular doctor or maybe a psychologist?
>>
>>31670233
you are not fuckin psyco or schizo jesus
dont listen to that retard
>>
>>31670245
Schizoid and schizophrenia are very different diagnoses
>>
>>31667154
Hello, Anon. I personally have struggled with caring about people most of my life due to power-tripping from my parents. I would agree that "not caring about anyone" could be one trait of psychopathy, but I don't necessarily think you are one. It is my belief that one can make themselves disregard others to an almost pathological degree, but appear to be genuinely healthy.
I'm an undergrad student and although I've made countless friends I never really felt like I cared about them per se: I liked the way they made me feel, but the moment they disappeared I was kinda bummed for a while but then shrugged it off as if they were nothing. I'm sure many did the same with me.
I think seeking sex is okay, I don't think it's psychopathic to not care about others whilst seeking a sexual relationship with a woman. Just make sure to spot your cyclic thought mechanisms that promote such a mindset (the not caring about others bit).
Unrelated to this: how the fuck do I use 4chan? I'm using Incognito mode on Brave so if I close the browser I can't really get back to the convo, can I?
>>
>>31670245
retard alert
>>31671735
go away newfag
>>
>>31671663
I was first diagnosed with schizophrenia and then schizo-effective disorder. is one worse than the other?
>>
>>31667154
Isn't that normal?
>>
so awkwardness and not wanting to speak to people are mutually exclusive. i've learned people skills and can public speak with the best of them, but i fucking hate doing it and go home and rarely say a word to anyone.

if you hate people, learn how to use your people skills to get people to go the fuck away in a manner that doesn't burn bridges. awkwardness really doesn't have much to do with it.

also, you aren't a psycho for hating talking to people. that's a little extreme.
>>
>>31671745
meanie
>>
>>31671772
Neither is better or worse than the other, theyre both shit to have to live with.
People with schizophrenia wont always be depressed, they just experience alternate reality, where as schizoaffective disorder(which i have) have either depression or bipolar symptoms for a significant period along with the schizophrenic symptoms.
>>
>>31671781
lol especially after 30
i could take or leave companionship
>>
>>31667174
What's the difference between a schizoid and someone who is just very introverted?
>>
>>31673010
Anhedonia is the biggest one. You have no or very few pleasures, and equivalently no or very few desires
>>
>>31667154
>>31667154
Realizing you don't just not know what say is the first step. Next step is realizing that you actually actively hate and mistrust everyone, and "not caring" is just a defense mechanism, a mask you've worn so long that you forgot you were wearing it and think it's your real self. But people do suck and loving and trusting most of them is dangerous.
So the key is to be powerful, or at least not dependant on anyone. People suck, but most of them wont' actually hurt you besides your ego. So it's about building a healthy balanced ego too.
>>
>>31667154
I have the same problem minus the awkwardness. I just don't care about the opinions of others so I don't seem them out in conversation.
>>
>>31671735
Just open up the browser again, go to 4chan.org/adv, click on catalog and look for OPs post. All OPs stay on the catalog until the thread is archived.
>>
>>31675299
Checked and I'm the prodigal son of a wealthy, treacherous world leader and we're both doing great. Not boiling at all
>>
I thought everyone was like that?
>>
i've been feeling this pretty intensely for a few years now. i can't even care to talk to family, romantic partners, etc.

but i'm also severely mentally ill and live a colorless, tasteless, joyless life. for me it's not just a lack of interest in others. i have no interest in myself either. every day i'm ready to die.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.