[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1712525074325642.jpg (260 KB, 800x609)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
As in when I read retarded stuff I usually argue with them in my head instead of ignoring them altogether (no matter how retarded it is). It's like I have this biological urge to absorb all information without a filter and while I intellectually explain to myself why I should not do that, I feel like this is something that should have been instinctively built in. How do I go about solving this?
>>
Don't do it anon!

(Based on what you said, your head gonna take it as true)
>>
>>31672356
same
>>
>>31672356
You're a man of weak character and easily influenced
>>
Learn how to question what you read. Ask the question, "Who wrote this? What do they get out of it?" You'll find most people write things out of self-interest or to achieve a goal or to manipulate your mind.
>>
>>31672356
I used to struggle with that too. Always ask yourself, "Does the person writing this really know more than me?" If you've got no way to prove it, then the answer is no, you are still probably right.
Also, if its about a topic you're interested in, doing some general reading (research/wikipedia) first will give you the confidence you need to dismiss any ridiculous claims from this godforsaken site
>>
>>31672356
Literally me. You just have to wean off it. Our brains weren't built to have this many random peoples thoughts and ideas in our heads every single day. We need more quiet lives to not go insane
>>
File: 1715290257029391.png (278 KB, 638x638)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
realize that everything you read online is propaganda from big organizations
>>
File: IMG_9053.jpg (544 KB, 862x882)
544 KB
544 KB JPG
>>31674079
And from people individually too. People will only tell you things that make them feel better about themself too. Everything is cope. Optimism and pessimism alike. Even this is cope.
>>
File: 667.png (18 KB, 444x411)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>31674225
Yes sir, I couldn't agree more. The world doesn't feel right anymore it's just cope
>>
>>31672356
i mean we all have quirks. im a devil's advocate, commentor, and presentor. teenage girls add words to our collective vocabulary. nerds realize things. we're all classes in a system, and we need you too. just try to become better and healthier about what you are.
>>
>>31672356
Truth bias.
Everyone has it.
I would simply suggest slowing down and/or thinking about what you read for a few minutes. Maybe even try to prove it wrong.
>>
File: 1718726292591087.jpg (234 KB, 750x614)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>31675222
Checked and copepilled.
>>
>>31672356
you're literally on the Internet. there's never been an easier time to get the POV of multiple sources and triangulate what's bullshit.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.