[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ULFRIC.jpg (209 KB, 580x802)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
How do I improve the way I talk, my voice, and add more inflection and emotion? I sound monotone and autistic and my friends bust my balls for it. I try singing but don't have much range. Any advice on how to improve talking? My voice is kinda deep, not worried about getting deeper just richer.
>>
Take a public speaking course, you can get direct feedback on how to emphasize and emote. Same with an improv acting or any sort of drama class.

Continue to practice singing. Your range may not get much further but your ability to manifest a fuller sound and understand how to adjust your voice with placement will. This is important to changing the way you speak.

Listen to videos of people speaking the way you want to and record yourself attempting to sound like them. Don't expect to be 100% like them, but hearing what you are and are not is important here.

Speak from the diaphragm and use it to support louder/more emphasized syllables and words. Change volume (more air) and pitch (higher note) for emphasis, not just one. For me, volume tends to add more power, while a significantly higher pitch for emphasis tends to make me sound like a schoolgirl. You'll find the right balance with time.

Practice, practice, practice. It took me ten years of practice to get where I was happy with my voice.
>>
>>31672534
look up enunciation exercises and voice acting tips on youtube (not anime voice acting, like voiceover shit)
>>
>>31672677
I don't have time or money for a public speaking course or acting, but acting and drama classes in my area tend to be full of queers anyways.
>>31672765
Don't voice actors often turn it up to 11 because they're performing? They don't speak like regular people
>>
>>31675749
Join Toastmasters.
>>
>>31675749
What have you tried already? What went well, and what did you find difficult and why? If you've not tried anything, why is that?
>>
>>31676633
I've tried watching videos, mimicking others, haven't seen much improvement.
>>
post a vocaroo of you asking your question
>>
>>31676854
My voice is pretty distinct, hesitant to post it on 4chan

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.