[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Where is the line between accepting yourself for who you are and knowing you need to change?
>>
You are both the thing that 'is' and 'is betting better'.
>>
the two aren't mutually exclusive or on a binary scale. accepting yourself is essentially just not hating yourself for being exactly as you are, and being okay with the fact that you have the flaws that you have. doesn't mean you don't need to work on those flaws or strive to be better every single day.
>>
>>31673053
OP don't listen to fags like these. If there's something wrong with you, you should hate it enough to want to change it. It's like those fat fucks who always want to lose weight but never do because theyre always toying around with the idea of self-acceptance. KILL THE WEAKNESS.
>>
>>31673046
sry anon, I'm too distracted by the slam pig in your webm
>>
>>31673113
you can know what's wrong with you and be driven to fix it without saying mean shit to yourself in the mirror. the underlying issue is still there, the desire to change is still there, you've just added another hater to it. what happens when you've "fixed" the issue? you'll just keep hating yourself. i'm speaking from experience here.
>>
>>31673046
There is no such line. Just decide on and implement what you want to be. Concentrate on the direction you want to go.
>>
>>31673046
There's no hard, concrete rules on that.
I think it's a question of: How many repercussions are you willing to accept for something that normies don't like.

If it really matters to you, then you better have a good reasons. If you don't have good reasons then swallow your pride and change.
>>
>>31673046
Do what you want
>>
>>31673046
Pretty sure that’s entirely up to you. Having others decide that for you pretty much defeats the purpose of having personal agency over your decisions.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.