[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: The_Florida_Girl.png (1.45 MB, 1024x1024)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB PNG
Tldr I started a LDR with a girl I met for 2 weeks while traveling. We had a great connection and she's very fun and loving. We've been talking every day and calling, but it's been a month and she's really just a bit too demanding, already pushing us moving in together, getting married, etc. I genuinely don't feel the same way yet, and I've realized we don't have much in common. In addition I honestly have a lot with work and school that the time spent on this relationship is cutting into and I'm just stressed. I want to break it off, but I know she'll be devastated. What's the best way to do this?
>>
>>31673357
You can’t really help that she’ll be devastated. Be straightforward and frank, but not mean. If she doesn’t accept it or goes ballistic it or any strong adverse reaction, block and don’t look back.
>>
So, you already know what you want to do and how to do it; you've literally typed to us your breakup letter. The only thing stopping you is the push to rip the bandaid off. We can't make you want it enough to send that message, Anon.
>>
>>31673373
That's fair I guess there's no real consequences since it's long distance. I just feel bad, I feel like I set her up for failure.

>>31673386
I just figured maybe I could get some advice on a better way to word things or a better way to go about it

Honestly I always find myself in this situation. I end up dating someone I'm only kinda into, realize that I don't really want to be with them, and then am too scared to end it. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself
>>
>>31673357
Where did you meet her and where is she from. You'll be able to guess how she is based on her culture
>>
>>31673436
There's no great way to word a breakup. It's literally telling someone you care about you don't want to see them anymore. It sucks. My last breakup I tried to make as understanding as possible because it hurt me to do too. Answer their questions, give them closure if they want it, cry with them. It doesn't have to be mean-spirited, but it will be painful. Best of luck, anon.
>>
>>31673438
I met her during a trip to Mongolia of all places. We just kind of hit it off, treated it as a short term thing, then talked for a week or two and decided to try long distance (I'm japanese-American living in Japan). But man she got clingy real quick and started throwing out shit about love and marriage and kids and meeting her parents, trying to plan a trip to come.see me. I don't think any of that is bad but it's a lot of pressure when you're just starting out and unsure.

She calls me every night and I just don't have the time for it, I thought maybe it would be more chill, call once or twice a week, see how it goes before it gets more serious, but I have a full time job and working on my masters right now, I just don't have the time for that level of commitment
>>
You can't blame yourself for "setting her up' or "leading her on" -- this is a normal end to a relationship. You thought you wanted it but she proved to be incompatible with your current lifestyle. That's okay.
>>
>>31673474
That's fair, I just have a hard time putting myself first and not feeling like I'm a.piece of shit for hurting someone. Should I at least wait a few days and kinda slowly ease off contact with her before breaking it off so it doesn't come as a huge shock or is that dumb?
>>
>>31673450
So is she Mongolian or is she also Japanese or American? Because proximity is an easy excuse to get out
>>
>>31673537
She's Mongolian, living in Mongolia. She's been wanting to plan a trip to see next month, so I feel I should break it off before she spends any money or anything
>>
File: 1711629094049906.jpg (273 KB, 2116x3150)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
>>31673357
Why are you such a pussy nigga. Just tell her you're done. Ghost her. She literally can't do anything she lives in ANOTHER COUNTRY. What the fuck are you scared of?

Also nice pic
>>
>>31673450
You should have expected this from a Mongol. Even if you try to break up, she will show up to conquer you.

Enjoy your marriage.
>>
>>31674880
It will be fine, strong winds will sink her ship if she tries to get to Japan
>>
>>31674880
Why is this kind of hot
>>
>>31673357
I don't read app-addled threads. There is no such thing as an app relationship.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.