[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

does anyone else get suicidal under stress? I don’t know how to cope besides getting drunk. Kek.

Current stressors include: grad school, moving, and money.

Nothing bad even happened, I just can’t deal with my anxiety and it makes me want to kill myself. Yes i touch grass. Yes i excercise
>>
>>31673786
I guess this is also a procrastination question. I will not do anything until the last minute because I am scared. Then i get extremely scared and stressed and want to die but finally do the thing.

I don’t want to live like this, but it is my way of life for the last decade. Fml.
>>
>>31673786
Yes I do somtimes even cry when I take deep look at how my life looks like. It does not go away totally.

But there is a time when I would say I'am in a kind off "flow state"

For me it's only cope, when you are so much ocupied that these filling stay in the back couse you have to take a steering wheel.
>>
>>31673786
>Yes i touch grass.
what does that even mean? You clearly lack anything that is relaxing, or someone to talk to about your stress. If your mood goes from anxious to neutral and anxious again daily, then you will be more sensitive to stress over time. Find more time to relax and turn off your head, so you forget about grad school, moving, and money.
>>
>>31673996
haha i meant i’m not a neet shutin that never goes outside. i do have friends and a therapist i talk to sometimes as well. :// it’s more like permanent anxiety 24/7 anyway, no neutral state unless drinking

thanks for your response anon
>>
>>31674026
your therapist suck then. Mediation might work for you, but I have similar issues like you and it isn't enough. Kinda stuck in the same situation and looking for alternatives to taking meds.
>>
File: breath meditation.jpg (503 KB, 741x833)
503 KB
503 KB JPG
>>31673786
>it’s more like permanent anxiety 24/7 anyway, no neutral state unless drinking
Do meditation (picrel), half an hour a day.
>>
>>31673786
Increase your test levels, fag
>>
>>31676207
I’m grill. Try again, this time with meaningful advice.
>>
>>31676224
Post tits
>>
>>31676230
Post advice. blue board.
>>
>>31676235
I know someone similar to what you've described. You might have an undiagnosed neurotic disorder like anxiety, autism, or OCD. Minor stressors should certainly not jump to WELL I MAY AS WELL KMS and you may be subconsciously moving towards that due to gaps in your stress regulating process. Think about how you deal with stresses.

Do you work better when someone gives you a step-by-step? Does it upset you when there are varying results to the same action?

Also post... uh... cleavage.
>>
I'm constantly suicidal sometimes for no reason at all. Stress can amplify my suicidal thinking though. Usually work or money related things. When I get in this state my negative thinking goes into overdrive and I catastrophize and think of the worst possible scenarios. I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, major depression, and social anxiety. Social interactions can add stress and make me suicidal too. Even going outside and being seen by my neighbors makes me panic. When depression acts up I fall into despair and feel completely hopeless about the future and that makes me want to kill myself. I gave up on trying to get professional help, I just live in this hell and try to deal with it. I don't really have coping methods or ways of dealing with it. I'm a guy
>>
>>31673786
Just put one foot in front of other, take it one day at a time. You'll calm down as you get older. When you feel bad remind yourself it's temporary.
>>
>>31677001
not OP but i've gotten worse with age. i guess because i've learned that for me, it doesn't seem to get better. indeed, i've learned that things can, and often do, gey worse.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.