[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How to find purpose?

Hello, guys!

I understand that this may not be the perfect place for such a question, but 4chan simultaneously contains the most retarded and the smartest people I have ever had the chance to communicate with.

Here is my situation:
> NEET as fuck, failed education multiple times.
> Living with girlfriend who has been working and paying for everything in my life for years at this point.
> Even though I have all the material things I need, I am constantly haunted by a feeling of emotional emptiness. I find no meaning to anything and it is difficult to stay on a task, because it seems vain and futile.
> I am a failed writer. Spent the last ten years of my life trying to achieve some modicum of success in this field. Wrote 5 books, I constantly joke that few people buy them and even fewer have read them.
> Writing was one of the few things that gave me something to concentrate on and strive towards.
> Through the last decade I have felt empty and lost. Recently I came to the conclusion that it is because I lack purpose, so I lack drive.
> I want to fix this, but I have no idea how to do it. I have become too comfortable with just feeling numb.

Can anyone help? Can you offer some advice on how to restore my sense of purpose?
>>
File: porpoise.jpg (59 KB, 750x1000)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>31674579
>>
>>31674579
Try changing the world in a way that you think would be important. If you feel that nothing matters, then create something that matters.
>>
>>31674579
Think about what sort of world you would like to live in - a future where you are fulfilled. If you don't know then think about it before bedtime, and then tell yourself it can wait until tomorrow go to sleep. First thing in the morning before you get up. Think about the question again, and if there is any insight then write it down. Keep doing this exercise each night.

What you are looking for is a clear vision of that world that you would like to live in, because once you have that you can ask yourself what you must do to achieve it.
>>
>>31674579
>4chan simultaneously contains the most retarded and the smartest people I have ever had the chance to communicate with.
you desperately need to talk to more people in the world

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.