[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1661361890791296.jpg (20 KB, 320x320)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
How much do you need for the following?

-Never need to work a job again
-Live in tax haven for primary residence
-Travel every month somewhere new (mix of domestic and int'l) with gf
-$1000/month budget to hobbies
>>
>>31675106
way inflation is going? about 6.2T
>>
>>31675106
the standard calculation is about 20-25x your yearly expenses. So, add up your yearly food, healthcare, shelter, transportation, insurance, hobbies, utilities, vacation and there you go
>>
>>31675217
should be closer to 30x with the current P/E ratio of the general stock market, but yeah save and invest.
if you save up $2 million, you can live a $60k per year lifestyle
if you have a paid-off house, then you can do it stress free
so better get saving/grinding and be patient since those take a long time
>>
File: file.png (15 KB, 205x200)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>31675217
Thank you. Does this seem reasonable?
>>31675358
30x if you want to give away the money. I personally will just eat into the principal once I'm old. I'll just spend time with those close to me and give some gifts here and there, but wouldn't give out inheritance so they can blow it on doordash, drugs, consooming or whatever
>>
>>31676590
Yeah you could do it on 2.5M probably as long as you're not spending more than 4% per year

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.