[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1706653165148771.jpg (22 KB, 479x339)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
Hey, I'm kind of a stoner so sorry if my post is weird cuz I'm high right now.
I like to get high and watch cartoons, and I met this guy who likes some cartoon shows so we started hanging out and eventually dating.

What's a little weird is he's like, taking things fast? I kind of don't mind either way on a lot of stuff so when he asked me to move in I was like "yea if you want" & he just rushed to get my stuff moved to his apartment.

A year or so of me just being stoned 24/7 living with him came and went. I didn't do much except play video games & watch cartoons, but I kept his place clean and learned to cook a few things like pie and lasagna.

Anyway, he proposed to me last night. Even in the moment I was like "dude are u sure, I'm kind of a stoner loser" but he insisted he meant it and wants to marry me so I said yeah.

I'm kinda worried he's going all in so fast because I'm not sure he'll be happy with me long term? I tried bringing it up but he brushed the worry aside and kept telling me I'm perfect.

Is this all ok, or am I right to think we went too quick?
>>
>>31675286
No it's doomed to fail. You shacked up.
>>
>>31675286
i mean do what you want but god this is the dream for me
>>
>>31675329
I mean that's what he wanted. Should I have said no? I figured saying no might be an "lets end things" type of response so I said yeah
>>
>>31675339
Yeah, its pretty great. He's sweet af to me, brings me whatever snacks I'm craving while I'm high. Hee covers our finances on his own so I get to just vibe and not worry about shit. We cuddle and watch shit like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Kamen Rider, My Hero Academia, etc. Whatever he wants to put on. I miss him whenever he's not with me, and I love just asking him high nonsense when we hang out (he refuses to do weed so he's always sober & really amused with the dumb shit I come up with while high).

I'd offer to quit the marijuana, but its a prescription to keep me mellow since I was having bad side effects from the other meds my doc gave me.
>>
>>31675794
that sounds awesome, but what other meds
>>
>>31675859
Celexa, lexapro, provac, etc. I have some serious anxiety disorders and panic attacks bc my dad was abusive. I ended up being tense and worried all the time he'd hit me or my mom, and I just couldn't ever let go of that anxiety. I had a lot of other medical issues cropping up as a result of all that stress and worry. Weed makes me mellow af though, and everything's been much better since I became a 24/7 stoner.
>>
>>31675910
i smoke a lot too, but for me it just makes me feel like im having fun. sorry that stuff happened to you though. dont give up on learning to relax a little even if you keep doing drugs.
>>
Everyone's different so I may be projecting, but I don't think you should marry him. Because it doesn't sound like you really want to, desu. He sounds like a nice guy and all, but ideally you only get married once, to someone who is a good fit long term.

What do you think about growing old with this person? You'll change, he'll change. Do you want to spend your life with him? Because divorce is a pain in the ass. It's a lot of paperwork and expense, legal obligations. So think before you sign on the dotted line with the state.
>>
>>31675960
yup, nothing about the OP says she is interested or excited
>>
>>31675960
>>31675976
I'd be happy growing old with him. Being high all the time I kind of started to feel like we're all gonna die eventually so we may as well minmax our happiness while we're here. I'm happy with him, I feel like unless he turns into a completely different person I'd be happy with him for the rest of my life. I just feel like maybe I'm not good enough for him sometimes, because he has an actual career and he puts all these plans together fot our future and I'm just a useless weed blob on the couch - and if I don't take the weed, I'm useless because I'm paralyzed with indecision and nervous about almost everything. If I weren't high, I'd almost certainly back out of getting married but I'm afraid to do anything that might make me happy when I'm not high so that's probably not a great way to gauge it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.