[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1623503152919.jpg (264 KB, 720x685)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
I'm on medication for many problems. I want to quit taking some because the side effects are bad. My caretaker says I can't stop them. What would my doctor say if I quit taking a few of my pills to get rid of the side effects? Is it worh it?
>>
>>31675586
You haven’t told us what condition, what meds, and what dosages you goddamn idiot. How the fuck are we supposed to make any judgement about anything?
>>
>>31675684
The only medication I want to quit is Buspirone. I'm taking it for anxiety but I might not be able to sleep after quiting it.
>>
>>31675701
Come on loser, don't post on /adv/ and leave out info, which medications are you on total, and what is your diagnosed condition(s)
>>
>>31679083
I just took it without the other meds and I could tell that it isn't doing anything for me.
>>
File: 1720861261331548m.jpg (113 KB, 819x1024)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>31675586
Continue to take your meds schizo. Your brain is probably completely fried chemically and you need to restore balance to it. Don't think you're more intelligent than doctor, so shut the fuck up and take your retard's pills.
>>
>>31675586
>>31675701
Buspar isn't really the most effective thing for anxiety but usually it isn't associated with that many side effects. What side effects are you experiencing? Are you on anything else for anxiety? I wouldn't recommend quitting "a few" meds but you can talk to your doctor about your side effects to see what advice they would have for you as far as discontinuing some stuff
>>
>>31679491
Headache and I'm on a benzo.
>>
>>31679503
Benzos aren't the best option for anxiety usually, are you taking it as needed or on a schedule? Are you on any ssri's? Stopping buspar for headache sounds reasonable to me, are you sure it's from the med and not something else? Although again youd be better off talking to your doc about it too
>>
>>31679515
I'm just afraid the my doctor will want me to be hospilized or not see me anymore because of not taking the prescribed pills.
>>
>>31679523
Whether or not you can be hospitalized against your will depends on your state and your legal circumstances. Stopping one medication because it's causing you headaches is reasonable. Stopping all medications all at once is less reasonable but even then it's not grounds to hold someone against their will, at least not in my state. What else are you taking? What makes you think the buspar is giving you headaches?
>>
>>31679533
Zyprexa, limictal, benzotropine, klonopin.
>>
>>31679542
Ye it's a few things that can make you drowsy/really sleepy which might be why the doc wanted you on buspar. You could use something called hydroxyzine too but that one would make you really drowsy and wouldn't mix too well with the zyprexa and Klonopin especially. When did the headache start?
>>
>>31679555
I was on hydroxozine and it made the walls spin. The headache is from the bupsar something I noticed when I wasn't taking it.
>>
>>31679562
Like the headache went away when you stopped the buspar? Does the buspar actually help with your anxiety?
>>
>>31679576
yeah and the buspar I don't know I don't really get anxiety.
>>
>>31679586
If you don't get anxiety why are you taking the buspar?
>>
>>31679593
To help me sleep.
>>
>>31679601
Seems reasonable to stop the buspar if you don't like it. Talk to doc about it too. I assume you've already tried/do this other stuff but make sure to take zyprexa before bed. You could try melatonin too, OTC but it's not that effective. Trazodone is a med that is often used for sleep too but follow up with your doc for other options
>>
OP is clearly a schizo that isn't taking his antipsychotics that he was prescribed. They give buspar to addicts or people with high addiction potential.
>>
>>31675586
Never stop ANY medication without a doctor monitoring you - there can be "cold turkey" withdrawal complications. Go to your doctor and ask their advice on what meds you can slowly reduce or wean yourself off.
>>
Stop taking it. Flush it down the toilet and if you need to go to hospital for benzodiazapene addiction then do it, but don't let them talk you into taking meds. Meds are for weak addicts and you're being poisoned and exploited.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.