[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721138642016069.jpg (138 KB, 1024x683)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
How do I learn how to feel again? I have completely shut all down and can't express emotions at all. If I see a cute girl, beautiful sunset, amazing art, watch a movie or anything at all I don't feel anything. It's all just gone. I don't give a shit about any characters in movies,books etc. I don't like to listen to music since it's just noise now. All paintings and photos are just shit on a wall. A flower or a landscape doesn't mean anything.
>You are feeling right now
Yes most likely some anger and sadness but it still doesn't help with the problem.
>>
>>31676589
These are common feelings. What help have you already sought? What have you read and how did it help? What parts were specifically difficult for you?
>>
File: breath meditation.jpg (503 KB, 741x833)
503 KB
503 KB JPG
>>31676589
Meditation (picrel), half an hour a day, should put you back in touch with the various aspects of your mind.
>>
>>31676598
I've been to therapy for about 4 years now without any help. I don't know what you mean about "read", selfhelp books I haven't used yet, but therapist gave me material to read. Mostly meditation, trying to isolate feelings in day to day life, being more in now etc. all that and I didn't find them helpful. Mostly it's just difficult to be interested in art and asthetics, it seems at this point so unimportant and unnecessary. I don't gain anything by watching some flowers no matter how beautiful they are. Movie is a movie, I don't see at all the immersion and attachment people say they feel. But at the same time I think this hinsers my life since I am just some retard autist now, sitting around unfeeling and therefore wont improve at all in anything, I am a worse human being in general by not being able to take part in those activities.
>>
>>31676684
This is >>31676665 here. The meditation is not on anything except your breath. What it is doing is resetting your autonomic nervous system so it can sort it self out. There are all the resources inside you o fully experience being and what you need to do is to access them in any context.
>>
>>31676589
Self-Enquiry - why Anger and Sadness.
Because you have buried those emotions and chose to not look at them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3-eKYCye3s

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.