[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pepe computer.jpg (29 KB, 499x499)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
What's a better place to ask for advice?

/adv/ or Reddit?
>>
/adv/ is more brutal and cynical
Reddit has a tendency to coddle the OP
both are always wrong
>>
>>31676765
FPBP.
>>
>>31676765
is there any good places to ask for /adv/ice?
>>
>>31676790
There was
Yahoo Answers
>>
>>31676748
detailed probably lies: reddit
brutal tweet-sized truth: /adv/
>>
>>31676748
Reddit is good for hyper specific questions about a niche internet/medical problem/city.
Adv is good for …… brutal honesty and emotional insults/shitflinging that will make you question your life choices in a good way. Why not post to both?
>>
>>31676748
if you're even allowed to use reddit these days you probably don't belong here. they censor/shadowban any post i try even on new accounts with a vpn. even when im not there to troll, they just know im not a hiveminded commie like them and dont allow me to be seen in their fragile echochamber
sucks because reddit is the #1 only site i know of for getting quick answers on normie things, the site that always comes up when you google something now, and its a censored dictatorship and lot of people don't even know
>>
>>31676748
>/adv/
brutal, chud trying their usual chud advice, sometimes slow
>rebbit
you can't post because not enough karma, your thread was autoremoved ask mods to free it, your thread was removed because you broke a minor rule, advice is like an chatgpt essay and if you ask something they wont respond anymore
>>
>>31676822
Exacrly. All you get from reddit scum are feel good answers that conform to the norm because they're terrified of being their real selves.

4chan will fling so much shite, hate and pain at you that it will force growth and make you find something much more valuable.
>>
>>31676748
Reddit: People who don't know anything acting like they're experts.

/adv/: People who don't know anything being honest about not knowing anything.
>>
i feel like we reach conclusions here and arguments evolve over time
>>
reddit will tell you copy pasted advice
4chan will repeated reddits threads while occasional good advice will be criticised for not being the same as reddits
>>
>>31676748
4chan will give you succinct no-bullshit advice that is the CORRECT advice, but OP will never take it, and will be back within 2 weeks to make the same thread. That is the ouroboros of /adv/, no OP will escape samsara.
>>
>>31676748
Reddit is better at offering advice than 4chud. Especially when talking about specific, technical problems.
If you have a niche hobby that you’re well versed in, compares posts about on reddit and 4chan. Most of the reddit posts will be at least average hobbyist tier, while most of the 4chan posts will be complete fucking retards that are pretending to be experts in a subject they haven’t even googled.

In terms of non-specific/life advice, no platform is good for it. People who know you personally often can’t give you decent advice, what makes you think a 14 year old Brazilian shitposter can help you through your life problems?
>>
>>31677249
I dunno man. From the times I've asked reddit anything, it was the same as adv. As in "90% of the people did not read or understand the post, had zero expertise and no business commenting, and were mostly complete assholes"

I've only ever used it for 2 questions over 10 years.
Both times it involved some form of financial entitlement I could get due to local laws and benefits, government or civil.
Both times I was dragged over the coals for what a stupid entitled retard I was for even thinking anything worked the way I thought I did and thinking people just got free money. (It was never free money)
Both times they were completely 100% wrong and I did end up getting what I was asking for irl.
>>
>>31677249
>what makes you think a 14 year old Brazilian shitposter can help you through your life problems?

honestly chatgpt is better than both these days sometimes
>>
>>31677546
hah forreal but there is something anout confessing and chatgpt cant remember me and has safety features to recommend therapists constantly now to avoid liability
>>
>>31676748
Reddit has more people which reflects the pool and quality of the answers.

The problem with reddit is that they have to tip-toe their answers to the narrative because:
1. Their advices gets downvoted to obscurity at mere 'feel' or 'hiccup'. Less technical advice is not required to be sound, but to follow the culture in which it is immersed in. The user is also vulnerable to sabotage by a single user with numerous accounts appearing to be multiple entities.
2. The downvoted advice, whether good or bad, gets 'carried over' in the reputation of the one who posted the comment which further enables that whether someone was able to contribute, good or bad, is second only at best. Good advice can be hammered down, and bad advice can be profitable. Shadowbanning is also a thing (r/ShadowBanned/) which makes it more tedious.
3. For the one who asked for advice.to get the most, that guy must manually sift through the comments and set the sorting mechanism which avoids bias.

/adv/ does not have these restraints but has less people, and the one who seeks advice has to manually sift through the comments. There is no sorting mechanism aside from the chronological order in which it is presented and the (You)s which measures solicited reactions.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.