[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I'm a 23 yo guy, i think i'm getting depressed, this year have been like the worst of my life, it started with me breaking up with the gf i hoped i'd marry becouse she turned out to be a whore, i think i'll leave uni becouse i simply cannot study anymore, my parents will probably divorce soon and i'm speanding every single minute of my summer days playing games that i don't enjoy playing until like 6:00 AM go to sleep and wake up at 1:00 PM ready to do the same, my friends don't wanna hang out becouse they're all too busy to pass time with me, there is nothing that brings me joy anymore i have lost any hope or dream i had in this year, idk what to do, do you guys have an advice?
>>
File: frfrrffrfrfrfr.png (2.06 MB, 945x1180)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB PNG
idk kill yourself?
>>
>>31677416
Go to a dancing class or intramural sports. I’m not even kidding. Look it the fuck up. Dancing was rated to be far more effective than ANY excercise or ANY antidepressants in this study I read. Can you believe that? And any other excercise is rated as the same effectiveness than antidepressants.

Get your body moving somehow. Try something new.
>>
>>31677446
Like that's what i want to avoid
>>
>>31677493
Tbh i fucking hate dancing, but thx for the tip tho
>>
File: 1000088535.jpg (48 KB, 347x498)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>31677416
you already had a gf and made some friends. What are the chances of you doing that again? The only reason why I don't kill myself is the hope that things will get better without any indication, you at least know that you have game.

I know it's cringey, but trust me man, even if your loved ones fucking die, time really heals the pain, if it doesn't takes a week it will take a month, but you will feel better.

Go for walks outside or try doing volunteer work. Try to just cry in the forest somewhere and let it all out. I feel bad for you, but don't give up on your beautiful future for some sadness you feel right now. Goodluck man.
>>
>>31677416
>i think i'll leave uni becouse i simply cannot study anymore
You can ask a study counsellor or whatever equivalent they have for help. They might even hook you up with some kind of mental help.
>i'm speanding every single minute of my summer days playing games that i don't enjoy playing until like 6:00 AM
Then stop this and find something else to do. It's summer, the weather is nice, go outside sometimes. Find other hobbies and interests that stimulate you.
>>
>>31677576
If you don't want to kill yourself your not depressed, just and attention whore
>>
>>31679648
Not at all how depression works but you tried
>>
>>31677416
Hmmm so here's some pointers;
1) You're still in the range of puberty.
Why is that relevant? Because over the course of growing up, the brain goes through several severe restructuring processes and whenever something like that happens you might not be the most logical. An extreme example is how younger teens physically lose the ability to comprehend emotions correctly, which is why teenage times are quite dramatic. Consider that shit might not be as bleak as it may look right now.
2) It's alright to be sad about sad things. Sadness, while uncomfortable, is not a disease that needs to be cured. Depression is not feeling sad about a sad thing. Depression is feeling sad for no reason whatsoever and losing the will strength to do anything.
3) people drift apart. That is normal. Priorities change and you're simply not up there any more, but maybe them trying to find someone to make a family with or pursue a new stressful job. You shouldn't take it personally though. Try to maintain the relationships you have as good as you can and give your friends the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure they also battle with their own problems and the fact that they don't have as much time as they used to is not because they don't like you - just because other responsibilities pop up.
4) Try to see where you're heading. Think of future yourself in 5 years. Who is that person and who would you want that person to be? What would you need to do to close that gap? I feel you need a bit of strategic direction because that can give you a sense of purpose and direction. A lot of things are outside of your control, but some are not. Focus on what you can change and try to accept the things you cannot change as given.
>>
File: how to fix your life.jpg (244 KB, 1212x463)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>31677416
Follow the checklist, and ask if you need to know more.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.