[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0510.jpg (57 KB, 1154x832)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
I’ve been friends with this girl for a while, we work together, and personality wise she is perfect for me. Like, she’s so funny, and I’m always happy when I’m around her. She just recently had a break up, and I’ve been wondering if maybe I should take a shot with her. I never intend on being with a man, I think homosexuality is an illness and refuse to pursue it. She’d be an amazing girlfriend. She’s also given me some subtle signs she’s into me. I just don’t want her to go through pain if she ever found out I wasn’t into her. I don’t want to fuck this up. What do I do?
>>
>>31678329
if you're only attracted to men, any relationship you pursue with a woman will ultimately be empty. there will be a level of romance and love you will not be able to give her.

You should do what you want, but be aware this likely won't be a completely sincere relationship from your end. I think she would be hurt if she found out you weren't attracted to her. I also think it would be difficult to hide that fact, after a certain point. You should reflect on what kind of relationships you want in your life.
>>
>>31678367
> if you're only attracted to men, any relationship you pursue with a woman will ultimately be empty. there will be a level of romance and love you will not be able to give her.

So no matter what it couldn’t work out? I’m just screwed because I can never feel attracted to her? It hurts a lot to think about that. But I don’t want to hurt her, and I don’t want to live a life full of lies. I just don’t know what to do when my only options is being with a woman I’m not attracted to or being with a man which I’m disgusted by.
>>
>>31678367
Don’t listen to this fucking faggot
>>31678329
Being gay is a mental illness that can be treated by not engaging in your delusions. If you like this girl ask her out, this is your best chance at living a normal life.
>>
>>31678329
This is sort of a live free or die situation anon. From the sounds of it you already know youre gonna be miserable after the novelty wears off
>>
>>31678537
you're worrying way too much about what she could possibly think and not paying enough attention to how you'll feel. that's good you're considering her feelings but you also have to realize that if you're not into it, it will never work out.
>>
>>31678329
There’s nothing wrong with you being gay even if it’s more like being bi for you. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. There’s no shame or weakness or insult so you don’t have to live in shame or weakness trying to create the problem because you think it’s there
>>
>>31678707
There is definitely shame and weakness in being gay, it’s an insult to my masculinity. I will never submit to a man.
>>
>Should I pursue someone I am not attracted to
No. Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>31678880
Plenty of gay men don’t feel that way at all and are quite happy within their relationships. Nor do most women for example feel shame or weakness for what goes on in their bedrooms with men in straight relationships. Lasting relationships are built on all partners having equal standing and someone of good character would not attempt to make you feel lesser with them. The point being those feelings aren’t inherent to any kind of partnership mix of people but dwell somewhere in you. It’s a serious problem if you feel that way yourself but it could be the right time that you confront it soon. Your masculinity isn’t going anywhere but it’s understandable if you have reason to feel it would with where you’re at now.
>>
>>31678539
I know it’s what I should do, but if she ever found out she’d hate me. Is it possible to hide being a homosexual for my whole life?
>>
>>31678914
There is no equal relationship between men. There is one man becoming another man’s bitch. It’s not an internal thing, it’s a fact. People may choose to ignore it, but there is an inherent unbalance. A man and a woman is balanced. Sex between men is mere mimicry.
>>
>>31678329
Just get an ugly girl anon
>>
>>31679204
Unless they have a beard and a man’s body I won’t be attracted to them
>>
>>31679064
This is not true at all. Relationships between men are just like straight relationships; they require balance. In terms of sex, some gay couples switch positions, and quite a lot don't do anal at all (look up "sides").
I think people are afraid of exploring their sexuality because there's a lot of misinformation that leads to a lot of misunderstanding and simply incorrect assumptions.
>>
>>31678329
Yes, living a lie is wrong, especially if you insist on making others live it.
Be honest with her.
>>
You need to talk to her. She may be more accepting than you think. Even if the attraction isnt there, you guys could remain friends
>>
>>31679231
It’s not a misunderstanding, homosexuality is a mental illness. Men aren’t meant to have sex with men, that’s why there is an unbalance. Women don’t feel shame because it’s the natural order. A ma submitting to another man doesn’t feel shame because he’s mentally ill and has given up his masculinity.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.