[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1645431581305.jpg (71 KB, 750x750)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
How do you become a chill person? I've always been shy, neurotic, and never been able to stop overthinking. How do I become the kind of person who is chill and doesn't seem like they take things too seriously? Or is the only answer brain damage?
>>
>>31678573
Takes some serious life experience I say. Used to be like you neurotic and jumpy but so much bad shit has happened in the last 5+ years that I just don’t have the energy anymore. Not the most healthy way I know but most people are either born chill or made apathetic
>>
>>31678600
>>31678573
yeah, for example, when u are only at home 24/7, the weekly grocery shopping is already a highlight and you get anxious or excited when just talking with another person, which for them is just regular small talk they do every hour.

As he said, life experience, understanding people think, like u, mostly about themselves. So its not like u need to overthink everything u say and do.
Also, start just not giving a fuck in some situations. Be bigger than that.
>>
File: F6FOZxSXMAAYYgU.jpg (129 KB, 941x1339)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>31678573
The eternal solution.
>>
>>31678633
but what if I don't like meme frogs
>>
>>31678651
then you aren't chill
>>
>>31678651
I've given you the answer retard, take it or leave it.
>>
>>31678600
Yeah it seems like only slightly older people have it (mid to late twenties).
>>31678633
the issue is that when I try to have a "don't care" approach it seems like my natural personality comes out anyways, and I'm being easily excitable and trying to talk while being awkward.
>>
>>31678573
I think being honest, trying to keep a good conscience, and being forgiving is at the center of it
>>
>>31678719
It is the kind of thing that as kids we sometimes are taught, as well
>>
Eat more meat and fat. Stop eating carbs and plants.
>>
>>31678573
Go and fuck up some stuff and you'll see that barely anything really matters. Miss a payment? They'll let you know. Forget to buy something? You'll buy it later. Get fired? You'll get another job.
>>
>>31678651
>wants to be chill
>doesn’t like meme frogs
ngmi
>>
>>31678573
Doing drugs, unironically. I mean, don't just do drugs, but do some soul searching, and practice dancing around and acting wild and crazy to your favorite music and being spontaneous.
Or go to a sports game and get drunk and get absorbed into the energy of the crowd. That shit is magic, you can feel it in your bones. For a moment at least you remember what it's like to have fun and enjoy being alive.
>>
>>31678573
Meditation, plus choosing to let go of toxic thoughts and people - which comes more easily to the regular meditator. Done and done.
>>
>>31678573
as someone who had a lot of the same things going on with them
someone who was incredibly tightly wound

just being sincere about stuff and just, well, I guess being me.
a lot of it was just being okay with acting like and doing what I want to do, there is this kind of moment, this tipping point where u go from caring what people think and trying to make sure people really don't care about what you are/are doing to just not caring if people care.

and its not even to say that I necessarily stopped a lot of those traits, I think they are still there, I just don't give a shit if they show up to others, its not my problem.
so I kind of only get the positives out of them and none of the negatives and its fine.

Take being shy for example, I can't speak for you, but to me it was just that a lot of the time I didn't really want to talk to people or about the things they wanted to talk about, and then when I did want to talk I struggled to really get going, once I was going it was fine though.
But now? well I don't struggle to talk to people, but it doesn't mean I necessarily want to talk to everyone, but thats not a problem, when I want to talk, I talk, when I don't, I don't, its not because i'm shy and unable to, its because I just don't want to.
At some point you overcome the actual problematic part and the rest is just a fact and your preference.
And I know I am not shy now, because I genuinely cold approach people who seem interesting to strike up a conversation about stuff and then fuck off and never talk to them again, iv had so many great interactions with people like this, sometimes its just a deep chat about a topic for an hour, sometimes I overhear some people talking about stuff, I interject, chat with them about it, then just leave when I am no longer interested, no one has a problem with this, its always been positive, people have always loved to talk to me when I do this, i'm obviously not shy anymore since I do this.

Sorry for how vague this is.
>>
>>31678573
I'm neurotic for myself but chill for other people. I am just permissive with others, don't judge and try to be considerate and that seems to work in making them think I'm chill.
As for how to be chill about yourself, most of your anxieties come from inexperience. You conquer them by doing the shit that gets you nervous and you come to realize that your mind magnified them. It's gonna be a long ardous process, I'm still at it, but I did improve. Don't worry anon, even when it seems it's going nowhere you're still making progress. You've got this.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.