[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 96anmpa3c8b41.jpg (37 KB, 828x505)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
COVID absolutely wrecked my uni years, I'm jobless and feel completely incompetent to get a job in my field (mechatronics)

My last years of uni were completely virtual and I missed my chance to network and actually learn proper skills since I pretty much skimped through the most important classes

Now I'm 24 years old and I'm considering maybe going back and get another degree in CS but that would require me to spend another 5 years jobless and would be graduating at 30
>>
why are you still on a website meant for 18-20 years old lol
>>
>>31678634
Why not use your mechatronics degree to get a CS job?
Degree requirements aren’t actually very strict. If you have any degree that’s halfway related to the job, you can use it to your advantage.
>>
>>31678667
this website is from 2004 and the average age of its users is over 30, kiddo.
>>
>>31678634
Unless everyone else in your cohort is in the same position it's because of you, not glowvid.
>>
>>31678634
Nah everyone is dealing with this right now. Companies aren't actively hiring for the most part but keep their postings up as a consideration.
>>
>>31678634

Covid rekt my shit too. I understand anon.

Go to a temp agency.
Walk into a job center.
Apply to jobs. Any job.

Go now.
>>
>>31678634
You need to reach out to other people are your university in your field with jobs and NETWORK. Go on LinkedIn and talk to people who do what you want to do.

Delaying looking for work for a degree that’s in decline and acquiring more debt is retarded.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.