[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7124.jpg (868 KB, 1170x1473)
868 KB
868 KB JPG
Why am I at only 21 years old so obsessed with the idea of marrying a woman and making tons of babies with her? Is this weird? I’ve been thinking about this at least 2 hours in total everyday for the past 4 months. Is this healthy? Why do I want to reproduce so badly? It’s not just sex it’s love, commitment and lots of children to raise with my future wife but I’m only 21? I’m too young to be wanting this so badly
>>
>>31678816
>Why am I at only 21 years old so obsessed with the idea of marrying a woman and making tons of babies with her?
Because you are retarded. If, by chance, you meet the woman you need, I am sure you will sink into debt before long.
>>
>>31678816
>Why do I want to reproduce so badly?
because all your ancestors did the same thing, it's literally the only reason you exist. I was the same and had a bunch of kids, it's pretty satisfying and I highly recommend following the dream.
>>
>>31678816
I was the same when was 19-24, now I'm 28, single and know women a little bit better.
>>
>>31678816
Better also focus on what kind of career you're going to have to support this imaginary gaggle of kids you want. That's equally important.
>>
>>31678816
>Fertile adult wants to marry and have children with a beautiful woman
What exactly is the source of confusion here? You're a marriageable adult man capable of impregnating a woman and working to support her. Your instincts are 100% in line with this in a healthy way. You are not 'too young'. This is normal. 'Too young' to be thinking about marriage would be 13-14.
>>
>>31678816
>I’m too young to be wanting this so badly
Oh the things boomer conditioning has taught us.
You're feeling normal feelings for a person. Obsession over it probably stems from it not happening to you, and while hyperfocusing on that obsession isn't healthy, the core principle is completely natural. In fact, it's probably the most natural thing there is.
But you never asked for any advice. What advice do you seek? How to deal with this? Curb it? Achieve it?
>>
First, this is a good, positive, natural thing. Be mindful of that.
Now, that being said, you should devote a little time for introspection, to suss out your motivations. It is probably an urge born out of multiple influences. Desire for stability, search for meaning, the biological imperative, to be truly unalone, etc. Perhaps some negatives too; addressing the lack of something, past disappointments, etc. Up to you, but knowing yourself is important, while bearing in mind that too much self-reflection is emotional masturbation. Explpre your gut feelings; go with them.
I didn't marry young. I was in my late 20's when I met my wife. Even so, the shift from going to bachelor to being sole breadwinner was stressful and lonely at times; but also a time of great growth and a way to develop a mindset that is positive.
I had no idea that I was so unfulfilled until I found fulfillment. No career can compete with having a family in terms of fulfillment. It's the cold hard, nameless reason why universally, humans don't entirely trust childless adults.
Done right, the private, interior life you share with your spouse forms the core of how you define yourself as an adult. It's a separate thing from being a parent, and equally fulfilling. Having kids is something you do together. Being married is something you ARE.
These are lessons I am now teaching my own kids as I have begun the transition into patriarch of my family.
OP, prepare for unexpected consequences. It will be hard and it will be more than worth it. People who don't understand will never understand. Be ready for that. But good for you. Embrace the search for fulfillment.
>>
>>31678816
Its ok to want nice things.
Go get ready to get and enjoy what you want.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.