[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GOhYrPzXkAAxi2N.jpg (128 KB, 959x867)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
i left school a bit over three years ago and can't move on. the bullying i went through for being an awkward sperg has permanently affected me, being constantly viewed as lesser has left me unable to view myself as anything other than lesser than everyone else, like a retard only for normalfags to point and laugh at. even worse, i can no longer focus on old interests because i'm always daydreaming about getting validation from the same people who bullied me and affirmed that i'm not completely worthless and autistic. i'm losing hope. i tried therapy and got nothing out of it. sometimes i get little boosts of confidence thinking that there's still hope for me to change but it doesn't last. i don't know how much longer i can keep doing this for, how can i move on? how can i stop this obsessive need for validation from them of all people? please help me
>>
>>31678935
I can't help you. But I am sure you can figure this out.
>>
>>31678945
thank you. it's been years and i don't know what to do anymore.
>>
>>31678935
hey i’m a little bit similar man. i too cannot focus on tasks due to daydreaming from bullying and criticism. i’ve come to the conclusion fur me that my issue is a lack of self respect. i need to seek my own validation above others and be ok with myself.
in Rocky 6, rocky gives his son a speech and one part stood out to me. he tells his son “you let people out they’re finger in your face and tell you you’re no good.”
i realized this is it. people will constantly judge mock doubt and talk shit. we must decide for ourselves that our potential and strengths mean more than our past failures and flaws. and it’s a fight. for the past year i’ve been lost in these thoughts only to remind myself of the truth, that my strengths can matter more. i lost good things i’ve done for others and myself and read over them. even little things, why not? we kick our iron asses over small errors all the time why not celebrate little victories?
i know it’s corny but i watched an anime, where a character learned to harness his aura to protect himself from attacks. i realized taking in criticism and replaying or having maladaptive day dreams? it’s like taking hits without your aura. that aura being the fact that you CAN over come these flaws you CAN do whatever it is that needs doing.
i’m sure our circumstances are mostly different but maybe something similar to this can help you.
>>
>>31678935
Just don’t do what I did and start fucking with them online.

I made a fake account with this guys photos and photoshopped him at gay bars nut on him etc.

Always some caption he could have written some people fell for it but they figured out pretty fast who could be behind it all since theres only one person they all unanimously know they did terrible things to.
>>
>>31679135
>my issue is a lack of self respect.
yeah you've hit the nail on the head, the hard part is getting that self-respect. thank you anon i appreciate the advice and yeah it helps. sorry i wish i had more to say but i'm very thankful for the advice man, i don't think it's corny.
>>31679143
i've almost done that so many times but i work for a company that could easily find out and i value my job too much. the only thing i've ever done is commenting something snarky under a fat girl who bullied me's post on an anon account but got cold feet and deleted it seconds after.
>>
bump
>>
>>31679815
>>
File: IMG_7234.gif (798 KB, 269x200)
798 KB
798 KB GIF
this sounds simple because it is, but you need to get out more and experience new aspects of life.

i used to also be exactly in your situation. i was bullied in high school, too, and kept trying to reason why it had to be me which causes that exact overthinking of the past. this only creates a shitty habit of over intellectualizing every single real life interaction, paralyzing your future actions with endless indecisiveness based on past experiences. it may feel comfortable but its just s trauma response that hinders life more than it helps.

right now your mind doesnt want to experience social rejection again, and thats completely normal to feel because we evolved from social cave creatures that exile meant certain death. most 1st or even 3rd world life isnt like that though so you can literally just pick up your bags and move to a less shitty place and start again. in order to craft a new mind away from your past, you need to busy your entire life by focusing solely on sustenance/survival, like literally living on your own in your place or even homeless. if you dont wanna resort to that even though it may speed up the restructuring, then continue post secondary school. youll be around people that arent shitheads 9/10 times and that may help you see high school is not that different from prisons.
>>
>>31678935
Make making the world a better place in a particular way you life's mission. For example, start a family and have your kids train in fighting arts so they can maim bullies.
>>
the truth is, the only place IRL that might even be like shitty high school days filled with snot-nosed brats is either if you go to some college with those brats or the office.
in the real world, most people literally do not give a shit about you. that's not meant as an insult, that's just an in-general rule for anyone. they're too focused with their own lives to give a shit if you were to even be a ponyfag. now if you make a public stunt out of it you'll embarrass yourself but that's beside the point
>>
>>31681305
>>31682055
>>31682112
thanks guys. i appreciate it so much
>>
>>31683432
>>
>>31684813
>>
>>31679222
Yeah its interesting how they can do illegal things to you including assault but as soon as you say a mean thing to them online they run to report it to anyone who will listen.
>>
>>31686142
yep. one girl constantly bullied me yet when i snapped back and said she had duck lips she got overly defensive and nasty and almost cried
>>
>>31678935
me but a woman
>>
I got bullied too for not being boy crazy and not having interest of discussing dating and boys. I also got bullied for being an introvert and liking comic books and not wearing wakeup and for having hairy eyebrows I was a 12 year old girl for crying out loud and the bitch from the hoefag clique told me no one liked from there. still can't get over it. it's been more than 10 years idk if this help but I have major depressive disorder and anxiety and take zoloft seek help and stop being a carpet for undeserving ppl like I did :,(

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.