[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_8404.jpg (104 KB, 640x640)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
Am I in the wrong here? What should I do ..

My girlfriend is super upset I won’t let her move in. We’ve been dating for about a year, and I really do love her. I live with my parents while I’m going to colllege/working part time so it’s not like it’s my own place or that I have a lot of room..

She lives with her brother currently, sleeping on his couch because there isn’t enough rooms for her to have one with him and his family living there. She doesn’t feel welcome there which I feel really bad about but she lived with me for a couple of months when we first met and not having any alone time just drove me nuts bc she wasn’t going to school or working at the time (which she now is doing).

I feel really guilty that my girlfriend doesn’t feel welcome anywhere but I also need to care for my own sanity and my treasured time alone/space.
>>
>>31678982
Can’t you just say that your parents won’t allow it? It’s their house, their rules.
>>
>>31678995
No my parents like her, she knows they wouldn’t care.
>>
If you love her then you have to make sacrifices if you want to maintain the relationship.
If she gets too stressed she'll find another guy who WILL let her move in with him.
Do you want to commit to this girl? Is she marriage material?
If so then go along with the ride.
>>
>>31679007
Ah fuck.
Uh, in that case, try adopting a new dog or cat, then explain it’s important for it to be socialized with immediate family only?
>>
>>31678982
>it’s not like it’s my own place
Just say that to her. If she can't accept that, she's a bad prospect.
>>
>>31678982
Can’t you just get a new place on your own? Just you and your gf?
>>
>>31678982
>when we first met
So you'll let a stranger move in but not your girlfriend of a year. Interesting.
>>
>>31679044
That‘s a stupid idea, she‘ll catch on that and be even more offended
>>
>>31678982
5 syllables:
HO
BO
SEX
U
AL
Hobosexual.

Yeah it’s a shit situation, ultimately you meed to weigh the desire to protect your own peace vs. if you want to house your gf and maintain the relationship. You’ll have to decide on your own.
>>
>>31678982
Yes, you're in the wrong, because having a gf should be the stepping stone to having a wife (whether endorsed by the state or not).

Offer her a deal: She goes to work to pay rent on a small place of your own while you finish your studies. If you are living together for three months, say, you (all) will have ample opportunity to decide if you want it to be a lifetime partnership.
>>
>>31678982
Get your shit together or cut her loose and quit fucking around. If you don’t want to ultimately life with her, why are you wasting her youth?
>>
>>31678982
she's not your wife, you don't owe her anything. you can tell her that too. in fact i would recommend it
>>
>>31678982
>not having any alone time just drove me nuts
Fix this problem and everything else will fall into place. She is doing something to drive you nuts, you listed she doesn't work or some nonsense but what's the real problem? Look I have been weightlifting since I was 16 and any chick I have ever been with has just had to deal with me going to the gym, or she has to leave. If she's over controlling she needs to fix that or you need a new GF.
>>
>>31678982
Why can't the two of you get a place together?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.